Can't spawn anything

Konrad

Hello,

I followed the tutorial on GeNa Pro on spawning, but couldn't spawn anything. I can create a spawner and add prefab (I added default Tree_Pine_01_Hero). But when I try to preview spawn (shift + left click) nothing happens.

Moreover previously I tried to use some prefab spawner from content pack. Then I could see preview spawn, but could not move it whatsoever.

I got an update on this:

The pre-made spawner also does not have preview. The green preview shapes appear only when I edit the spawner itself - so I could see it, when I was pressing shift and scrolling with mouse, as that changes spawn range. After saving changes to the spawner, again I cannot see it at all, neither spawn objects.

Also: I was trying to unpack flooded grounds pack. Then I read in documentation it is deprecated. Could that package break GeNa? I tried to re-import GeNa, but to no avail.

Hello, 

Just to check can you please tell me if you have Gizmos enabled?

image.png

This will cause the visualization to not work. 
Also, can you please tell me what Unity version you are using and GeNa Pro version you are using?

As far as the flooded grounds pack not working, they are just art assets so it should still work. 
As long as you are not importing the scripts in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I had Gizmos enabled.

I've been using version 2022.3.1f1. Anyway, most of my work done at that point were assets and scripts, so I finally decided to recreate project from scratch - it was already little messy there. I spent 3 tedious days, but now everything is smooth and fine.

If that could help - in project I've been trying to recreate my world multiple times with streaming turned on. Mayby that could cause some problems? Couldn't find any clean way to properly reset Gaia part of project. Now I try to be more cautious.

Thank you for the update. 
Usually, this shouldn't be an issue if you create multiple worlds. 
At the end of the day they are still Unity terrains, however, I could see that the memory could have been maxed unless you changed the Unity memories max limit. 

• 2 weeks later...

So the problem is back in my new project.

I can see spawner on terrains that were barely edited.

I cannot see GeNa spawn circle on single terrain where  I have been experimenting with Gaia spawning rules.

Found this out...

Terrain needs to be in "Default" Layer. I moved mine to custom "Ground" layer.