Unity hangs after Gaia update

Martin

Hi,

I've updated my gaia from package manager then noticed everytime I click on terain my Unity now takes very long to initialise whatever its trying to do on the terrain, and then Unity proceeds to use up all 32gb of memory. Same happens when I setup a new project.

Version: 3.2.6-c5, Unity 2021.3.6f1

This is wasting my time, I cant t work like this and I've already invested in most of the procedural worlds products. Please see if you can get a fix for this asap, its very frustrating, everything is taking long, I've tested all my other tools without gaia its lightning fast, since the update this thing just drains my machine. Below screenshot is only with gaia installed

i7 12th, 32gb, nvme 7gbps, rtx 3070 ti

image.png.0664a8106300ced3183cdc5078cf3337.png

On 7/31/2022 at 2:42 PM, Martin said:

This is wasting my time, I cant t work like this and I've already invested in most of the procedural worlds products. Please see if you can get a fix for this asap, its very frustrating, everything is taking long, I've tested all my other tools without gaia its lightning fast, since the update this thing just drains my machine. Below screenshot is only with gaia installed

i7 12th, 32gb, nvme 7gbps, rtx 3070 ti

image.png.0664a8106300ced3183cdc5078cf3337.png

On 7/31/2022 at 3:13 PM, Martin said:

fresh install image.thumb.png.9dfc0da37018fc0d486d49495b3df7d6.png

I have simply looked up both of these and these are in fact Unity's systems. 
These come from Unity and they are out of our control.  
This problem has been an issue since last year according to the Unity forums that I found. 
https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-editor-ui-keeps-reloading-something-after-each-click.1048958/

This only happens with Gaia though? I've tried many over terrain tools, stitchers and brushes and they're instant. I believe it was when I updated gaia from package manager.  I did find something though, if I select Mobile and VR then it doesn't hang anymore

EDIT: Ignore this, it actually does the same, I think it was just a lucky streak where the editor didn't hang while I was working in Mobile and VR, it does the same for all instances

Yeah sadly there isnt anything we can do about this. If I remember correctly and I could be wrong these progress bars (i believe dont quote me), 2019 Unity version is when they were first introduced.