Sectr Stream Bakery Support

Mert Ural

We are currently developing a rogue-like game that uses dungeons as interior design. We have bought the Sectr asset to stream our scene dynamically and eliminate the need for loading screens. Since we are developing the game for VR, we need our light bakes really high quality which Unity's default baking system cannot reach at the moment. We want to use the bakery to bake our lightmap into chunks but without clicking the Lightmap all sectors button, bakery lightmap doesn't seem to work. Is there any way to make bakery lightmaps work with Sectr? The output of the bakery asset is the exact same as Unity's builtin light baking system.

This is something that I would have to look into. 
Sadly, I do not own that asset. 
I will check with the team to see if anyone else does. 

Have you contacted their support as well? 

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

This is something that I would have to look into. 
Sadly, I do not own that asset. 
I will check with the team to see if anyone else does. 

Have you contacted their support as well? 

Yes, I have contacted their support system but no reply so far. We are now trying to figure out how Sectr Stream process the lightmaps data to put in each sector. Any help is appreciated.

Hi @Mert Ural,

I do not own bakery either, but what I can tell is that the lightmapping data is still processed within unity as per the information found here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/bakemultiplescenes.html

What this means for Sectr alone is: 

* You can press the "lightmap all sectors" button in the Sectr stream window and it will open all sectors (scenes) together and bake them, and close them again. You would then have one lightmap baked across the entire world,  with lights in different sectors affecting other sectors. This might take  a lot of time to complete though and the unity editor / lightmapper might crash if your world is too large. This has then nothing to do with sectr per se, but with the limitations of unity, memory usage, etc.

* If you would rather need to have multiple sectrs /scenes baked together, you would need to open those scenes together and bake them together manually from the Rendering / Lighting window. The lightmap data should then be shared between those scenes and will be stored with the scene that is the "active scene" at the time of the baking. (The scene that is printed in slightly bigger font in the scene hierarchy browser). In this way you could group up and bake sections of the world together.

I assume with bakery you would have similar options where it allows you to process multiple scenes, either grouped together, or one after another individually, so it should be possible to select the sectr scenes for baking in there and either bake larger sections of the map, or only individual ones. The process should be working the same way as if sectr was not part of the equation, but you built your project across multiple additive scenes manually, if that makes sense.