Unity Crash when creating a runtime Gaia

Edawking
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Here is the error message:

Obtained 15 stack frames
0x00007ff733572219 (Unity) ReflectionProbeBaker::Clean
0x00007ff73357278d (Unity) ReflectionProbeBaker::Start
0x00007ff733402938 (Unity) BakedReflectionSystem::IssueBakeReflectionProbePreparation
0x00007ff7337e2300 (Unity) BuiltinSkyManager::PostUpdate
0x00007ff7337f56ec (Unity) gi::PostUpdate
0x00007ff7337d7458 (Unity) GISceneManager::Update
0x00007ff7337d247f (Unity) `GISceneManager::GISceneManager'::`2'::tickGIInEditorRegistrator::Forward
0x00007ff7319fbf89 (Unity) CallbackArray::Invoke
0x00007ff7332a0d3c (Unity) ProfilerCallbackInvoke<CallbackArray,306504>::Invoke
0x00007ff7332aa8ba (Unity) Application::TickTimer
0x00007ff7336f696a (Unity) MainMessageLoop
0x00007ff7336fb21b (Unity) WinMain
0x00007ff734a8053e (Unity) __scrt_common_main_seh
0x00007ffab8ef54e0 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007ffab940485b (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

I am new to Gaia, I was following the youtube tutorial and when I Create the runtime unity crash

Can anybody tell me why is it crashing. I am using Unity 2021.3.7f1 and Gaia version 3.0.1 c5

I was having the same issue with mine but got it to work now and no more crashing can you use the later version of Gaia 2021 because I have no issues with it and the unity version you are using is the same one I am using too, thanks

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi @Edawking, the Gaia version you use is quite old, I would recommend to update to the latest version 3.2.6. It looks like unity is crashing during light / reflection probe baking, can you please try to deactivate the "Quick Light Bake" option when creating runtime?
This has been a common issue in past Gaia versions, so that we deactivated that option by default now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Edawking said:

is it a know issue again with Gaia with Texture not loading on the older version.

No, that is not an issue I remember of. You would need to check what is going on with the terrain layers / texture distribution on the terrain - Gaia itself does not do anything with terrain rendering directly, the terrains are unity standard terrains. It looks like there are either terrain layers missing, or maybe a white snow texture was spawned across the entire terrain.
If you are using a custom terrain shader then it could be anything, really.

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

No, that is not an issue I remember of. You would need to check what is going on with the terrain layers / texture distribution on the terrain - Gaia itself does not do anything with terrain rendering directly, the terrains are unity standard terrains. It looks like there are either terrain layers missing, or maybe a white snow texture was spawned across the entire terrain.
If you are using a custom terrain shader then it could be anything, really.

Thank you @Peter , that helps a lot. I will look into it.🙂