Getting bunch of errors after installing Gena Pro 3.5.5

Mia
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi!

I am getting bunch of errors when installing to Gena Pro 3.5.5. First some background. I originally had Unity 2019 and upgraded to 2022. I started getting errors on Gaia Pro and read that I need to install a newer version of Gaia, which I did. Then I started getting an error (only one) which I looked up and it said that there was a bug in the old version so I decided to install a newer version of Gena. So Now I am here and I have 123 errors :]

They are in this type of flavor:

Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/External/Editor/RiverReflectionProbeManagerEditor.cs(54,49): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'GeNa.Core.EditorUtilsExtensions.LayerMaskField(PWCommon5.EditorUtils, string, UnityEngine.LayerMask, bool)' and 'GeNa.Core.EditorUtilsExtensions.LayerMaskField(PWCommon5.EditorUtils, string, UnityEngine.LayerMask, bool)'

Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/External/Editor/GeNaSplineEditor.cs(379,43): error CS1061: 'SplineSettings' does not contain a definition for 'ShowGizmos' and no accessible extension method 'ShowGizmos' accepting a first argument of type 'SplineSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/External/Editor/GeNaSplineEditor.cs(540,24): error CS1061: 'SplineSettings' does not contain a definition for 'ShowQuickStart' and no accessible extension method 'ShowQuickStart' accepting a first argument of type 'SplineSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/External/Editor/GeNaSplineEditor.cs(540,104): error CS1061: 'SplineSettings' does not contain a definition for 'ShowQuickStart' and no accessible extension method 'ShowQuickStart' accepting a first argument of type 'SplineSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/External/Editor/GeNaSplineEditor.cs(545,24): error CS1061: 'SplineSettings' does not contain a definition for 'ShowOverview' and no accessible extension method 'ShowOverview' accepting a first argument of type 'SplineSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/External/Editor/GeNaSplineEditor.cs(545,125): error CS1061: 'SplineSettings' does not contain a definition for 'ShowOverview' and no accessible extension method 'ShowOverview' accepting a first argument of type 'SplineSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/External/Editor/GeNaSplineEditor.cs(546,24): error CS1061: 'SplineSettings' does not contain a definition for 'ShowPathFinding' and no accessible extension method 'ShowPathFinding' accepting a first argument of type 'SplineSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/External/Editor/GeNaSplineEditor.cs(546,113): error CS1061: 'SplineSettings' does not contain a definition for 'ShowPathFinding' and no accessible extension method 'ShowPathFinding' accepting a first argument of type 'SplineSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/External/Editor/GeNaSplineEditor.cs(547,24): error CS1061: 'SplineSettings' does not contain a definition for 'ShowExtensions' and no accessible extension method 'ShowExtensions' accepting a first argument of type 'SplineSettings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Thank you for your help!

Also for some reason my trees and spawn obejcts are pink when the rest of the assets are not.

Thank you!!!

Mia

Hi there @Mia,

When upgrading a project from 2019 to 2022, there is a very high chance that GeNa's binaries need to be recompiled. If you are not prompted to do so, then there must be an error with the upgrade process. These errors are typically a result of that corruption. 

To attempt to fix this, I highly suggest that you delete the entire GeNa folder located under Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa and reimport the tool again. Upon reimporting, you may be prompted to re-compile GeNa's binaries.
If so, ensure that you press the 'Yes' option.

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you it worked!

One more thing...all my spawn items are pink (like trees) but the terrain is normal. Do you know how I can fix it?

• Solution

The shader / materials need to be upgraded to the renderpipeline that you are using. 
You can go to edit - rendering - materials and then upgrade. 
Sometimes packs will have the package to import for the renderpipeline that you are using as well so check that first.