Small grass drawing distance in Gaia 2021 Pro

alexsecl

Hi, I bought the Gaia 2021 Pro package and I'm going through the official lessons on youtube. 
There is one thing I can't understand. After creating a world and assigning it a biome, I can't adjust the grass distance. Trees, bushes and other large plants from the "Trees" tab are drawn normally depending on the set "tree distance" slider. Grass, flowers and other small plants are drawn literally 10-50 meters away from the player (several steps of drawing), which looks just terrible. 
In my usual projects, the "distance of details" slider affects the display of grass. But in Gaia it doesn't work. No matter what I do, the grass distance is always terrible.
The project settings are set to maximum quality. 
What settings should I look for to fix the grass distance?

I've attached a video uploaded to google drive for a better understanding of the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DnocvcsfQwdRrUZMDFaiHFkXQ-rTSVxd/view?usp=sharing

Hello, 

For the detail distance you would need to click on the terrain detail and change the overwrite settings: 
image.png

image.png

Now I would suggest finding the distance that works for you without destroying performance. 

I would also suggest using things like fog or hills to help cut the distance off so you don't have to render far. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bryan said:

Hello, 

For the detail distance you would need to click on the terrain detail and change the overwrite settings: 

Hello, thank you for your reply.
I know about the distance setting, but for some reason it doesn't work for grass for me. I have used different versions of Gaia. Installed it on a clean Unity project, without any other assets. But it still doesn't work. I think the grass display distance is configured somewhere else.
I'll attach a video from google drive to understand better. There I change the distance value, but specifically for the grass it doesn't work. It appears too close, it's not hidden by fog or anything else.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fyr6VOwNaajTrO3SU4ok8im7bgzRBmES/view?usp=sharing

56 minutes ago, Bryan said:

requested access. 

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to remove the video access restrictions. I fixed that. All links to the video files are now available.

Ahhh your using flora, you would want to adjust flora settings to increase the distance. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bryan said:

Ahhh your using flora, you would want to adjust flora settings to increase the distance. 

I couldn't find the distance settings for Gaia flora. I switched from Unreal Engine and haven't gotten used to Unity yet. Things are a little different here. Some of the settings are in unexpected places. Can you tell me where I can change the distance for the flora?