Custom Biome Areas

Sickagamer
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

I was wondering if custom biome areas are on the roadmap.  Rather than do weird spawning rules, it should be as simple as the way Vegetation Studio works by building out an area and applying a rule.  If you already have this ability, can you do a demo of showing three to different defined biome areas objects and how they get the spawners applied?

9 hours ago, Sickagamer said:

I was wondering if custom biome areas are on the roadmap.  Rather than do weird spawning rules, it should be as simple as the way Vegetation Studio works by building out an area and applying a rule.  If you already have this ability, can you do a demo of showing three to different defined biome areas objects and how they get the spawners applied?

This would be more of a Gaia Pro thing than GeNa pro.

In Gaia you can create your biomes and apply masks, distance mask (to control area of which they spawn), height masks (control the height at which objects spawn), etc. 

I recommend taking a look at Gaia Pro 2021. Although it doesnt have the handles like VSP has but it does biomes in a similar but different way.  

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

This would be more of a Gaia Pro thing than GeNa pro.

In Gaia you can create your biomes and apply masks, distance mask (to control area of which they spawn), height masks (control the height at which objects spawn), etc. 

I recommend taking a look at Gaia Pro 2021. Although it doesnt have the handles like VSP has but it does biomes in a similar but different way.  

What would it take to give Gaia the ability to make VSP type of biome spawners?  I just want a certain parts of the map to be a specific biome and nothing based on height.

• Solution

You would just have to create custom spawners and assign the resources. 
Then you would add masks to control the spawning. 
We have multiple preset biomes that you could look at and copy the setup.