Spawner and GameObject inherits

Mussorable
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello everyone, I'm actually a newer in unity and Gaia. I have a question touching Game Object Spawner's. If I pick to spawn Game Objects instead of trees, terrain textures or something like that, are scripts from Game Objects inherit too? As i explored before, spawned trees or another terrain objects cannot be interactive with player or inherit their own scripts. Do we have any way to spawn Game Objects with their own behavior using Spawner methods?

Have a good day, thank you.

10 hours ago, Meudes said:

Have you tested Resource Type: GameObject ?
( -> Spawner -> Ressource Settings )

That's what I mean, I havn't tried it yet, but I'm asking is Game Object from that list inherits scripts too or I should to use another way. Thx

• Solution

Sorry not 100% sure what you are asking but I think I know. 

If you use a spawner and change it to game objects the resource that you put in (which should be a prefab) will be used. Meaning if that prefab of a tree has a script on it then when you inject that into the spawner and spawn it, all those trees will have the script on it as well. 

Now, the important thing to note, if you are spawning Trees as gameobjects be very careful or it will take performance. 
You are better off creating a script that changes the tree from terrain tree to Gameobject if lets say a player get close to it. 

Just something to keep in mind. 

Also, if you are happy with the product and support please don't forget to leave a review on the Unity asset store 🙂

16 hours ago, Bryan said:

Sorry not 100% sure what you are asking but I think I know. 

If you use a spawner and change it to game objects the resource that you put in (which should be a prefab) will be used. Meaning if that prefab of a tree has a script on it then when you inject that into the spawner and spawn it, all those trees will have the script on it as well. 

Now, the important thing to note, if you are spawning Trees as gameobjects be very careful or it will take performance. 
You are better off creating a script that changes the tree from terrain tree to Gameobject if lets say a player get close to it. 

Just something to keep in mind. 

Also, if you are happy with the product and support please don't forget to leave a review on the Unity asset store 🙂

Thank you very much, it's asnwer much better, that I can expected before. Thank you very much