Cannot Edit Gaia Water Settings / Profile

Quinton
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hi,

I'm trying to use change the way the gaia water looks in gaia 2023. According to the tutorial I found I should be able to change the scene profile in the gaia runtime component, however this is not even there. When I add the gaia global script manually it does not work as I would expect. I also do not see the water profile panel that they mention.

I tried changing the settings of the PWS Water System, however when building the game this reverts all the changes I did. Where and how can I modify the settings for the gaia runtime water?

I am using Gaia 2023 v 4.0.6  on Unity 2022.3.0.0f1

Thanks for any help.

Quinton

Screenshot 2024-01-24 151016.png

Screenshot 2024-01-24 151219.png

• Solution

Hi @Quinton, the settings of the PW Water system would be the right spot to change the appearance of the water. The settings that you can find in there adjust the water material for the water surface.
I looked into the values resetting and found a bug where the "Water Depth Texture" would reset on scene start and thus also in a build. I found, however, that the other values do not seem to reset for me, I can change those and they persist after starting the scene or making a build.

Please find here a patch for the texture reset issue:

GaiaWaterTextureResetHotfix.zip

If you find after installing the patch that there are still values resetting, could you please name some example values that do reset so I can investigate further?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Peter. Thank you for the patch, I actually installed it using the latest release and this has indeed fixed my issue.

I guess the changing of the water depth texture was so jarring for me that I didn't think to check the other values.

But it works now and the water in my scene's is looking great!