need support

yangjianing
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

1. I am using stylized grass, and they don't conform slope. gena pro spawns object but a mass of grass objects will be really expensive. And I still need gpu instancer to boost the performance. 

2. can I spawn grass(not game object) on mesh(terrain mesh and big rock)? 

3 how to make the grass at the edge of grass area shorter

4. When will flora work on urp

5.After I transform the terrain to mesh, it performs worse, why.

6. Dose stylized water from STAGGART CREATIONS work with gaia water?

• Solution

Hi, regarding your issues:

10 hours ago, yangjianing said:

1. I am using stylized grass, and they don't conform slope. gena pro spawns object but a mass of grass objects will be really expensive. And I still need gpu instancer to boost the performance. 

Gaia and GeNa both use the unity terrain detail system for grass, which does not conform to slope by default. The Flora Grass rendering system in Gaia Pro 2021 does conform to slope. You do not need to spawn grass as game objects with GeNa, it is also possible to add a terrain detail resource to the spawner and spawn terrain details instead.

2. can I spawn grass(not game object) on mesh(terrain mesh and big rock)? 

Currently no, unless you spawn the grass as game objects with GeNa. The problem is that both the unity terrain detail system and flora take the data from the terrain detail system as input for the position of the grass, it does not work on a mesh unfortunately. We are planning to extend flora to make spawning on a mesh possible as well.

3 how to make the grass at the edge of grass area shorter

This is not possible in the unity terrain detail system, as it only stores a number for how many vegetation items are put into a position, but not the size. The size is determined randomly between min and max. With flora there is a setting to "scale by alpha value" which makes the plants smaller where there is less "spawning strength".

11 hours ago, yangjianing said:

4. When will flora work on urp

It does already, it does not look as good as HDRP, but in my opinion it looks better than the built-in grass system already.

5.After I transform the terrain to mesh, it performs worse, why.

Difficult to tell, we do not develop the rendering in the unity engine. From our experience a mesh terrain usually performs better than the unity terrain, did you maybe leave the original terrain game object active in the scene? Did you substitute the terrain grass or terrain trees with other techniques? The terrain mesh exporter has an option that will transform terrain trees to game objects, if you have a lot of trees that might cause it.

6. Dose stylized water from STAGGART CREATIONS work with gaia water?

The gaia output is standard unity terrains - so any water that works with an unity terrain should work with Gaia. I would recommend to switch off Gaia's water entirely (select the Gaia Water object and set it to "Third Party" or "None") and then add the 3rd party water as per the directions from the other asset,

• Like 1