Question regarding webGl

SoundComposer
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Greetings, 

I was referred to this product by an itch.io game jammer last week. I compete in many game jams on itchio throughout the year.  This year I decided to go purely webGL with my entries so i started learning unity around the the first of December. As you many know itchio jams usually require an webgl entry.

My question is, before making a purchase can you very that the Ambient Sound system works on webgl? I've read no where that it won't but I've also read no where that it will and further more people I've asked that own the product have never tried webgl.

If it does work in webgl is there any special setup ? can I build for pc and webgl without having to reconfigure anything?

Thanks for your time.

• Solution

Hello, 

WebGL has very limited audio support. Ambient Sounds could still work using AudioSource as the output type but its processing will all run on the main thread since WebGL does not support multi-threading. 

So yes but it wouldn't be advised usually and only when outputting to an AudioSource.