Terrain refused to load

Guidos

Im not sure if Ive done anything but as I have been editing my main character today I've noticed two of my tiles in my terrain won't load in editor mode nor at runtime. When I press "load" it doesn't. So in runtime the character player falls off the terrain into the ocean.

The others load and unload as normal. 

How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Can you please show me the terrains thats not loading? The parents of these objects? 
Are they showing that they are there in the hierarchy? 
If they are showing in the hierarchy can you check the inspector and is the terrain data assigned to the terrain collider? 

Is this what you need Bryan?

Note the red error message at the bottom, Ive not seen that before doing this screen shot. If I press the 'load all' in there terrain manager, Terrain_1_0 and Terrain_2_0 don't load. 

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 07.15.19.png

On 7/26/2022 at 2:12 AM, Bryan said:

If they are showing in the hierarchy can you check the inspector and is the terrain data assigned to the terrain collider? 

For those two terrain tiles there is no subfolder at all. All the others, yes there is a terrain assigned to the collider. 

Ive got a funny feeling the terrains have just been deleted by me doing something too fast with my mouse or something as they aren't available anymore. 

Is there any way I can import these two missing tiles from a backup?

4 hours ago, Guidos said:

Is there any way I can import these two missing tiles from a backup?

You would need to put the terrain scenes files back into the "Terrain Scenes" folder in your session, and you would also need to put the Terrain Data files into the "Terrain Data" folder.

image.png

You can then check in the entries of the Terrain Scenes file in your session folder if it has entries for those missing terrains as well:

image.png

If the terrain scene files & data files are there, and if they are referenced in that "TerrainScenes" file, they should be loadable & unloadable from the Terrain Loader Manager and the Terrain Loader component.

• 4 months later...

If anyone else comes across this issue and can't resolve it, a quick pragmatic fix is to move all terrain objects out from under the terrain tile folders. Of course they no longer load and unload but since their loading is the fault this method gets all terrain tiles to stay loaded in runtime for a short term fix.

• Like 1