URP 2021.1, cannot use Gaia 2021, errors reported

Archer117
Go to solution Solved by Archer117,

Gaia2021 after importing, report errors, could not open Gaia manager from Windows. it seems i missed something, could you help me to fix it? thank you!!!

Condition: Unity URP sample set, Post process installed, new project, no other assets.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.CheckForInputManagerSettings () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:6754)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.DoMaintenance (System.Boolean forceMaintenanceRun) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:6620)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.GaiaManagerStatusCheck (System.Boolean force) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:6536)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.OnInspectorUpdate () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:3641)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at <8004fcc221b54f98ba547350ea71d812>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at <8004fcc221b54f98ba547350ea71d812>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.OnInspectorUpdate () (at <8004fcc221b54f98ba547350ea71d812>:0)

some other errors

Procedural Worlds Universal Pipeline_Renderer 10.0.0 is missing RendererFeatures
This could be due to missing scripts or compile error.
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I have reimported Gaia 2021, and get the handling to Both, but it still not working, endless errors when im trying to open gaia manager, can you walk me through the normal way for URP to set up Gaia? I know there are videos, i have watched them, but nothing unusual.

• Solution

After i got into Beta unity hub, i thought my version was 2021.1 by default, i set it up once, and it always been that way......then as you may have guessed....when i created one project for Gaia, it rolled back to 2019!!!!?????? i was running Gaia 2021 on Unity 2019 the whole freakin time, trying to understand your code omfg

14 minutes ago, Archer117 said:

After i got into Beta unity hub, i thought my version was 2021.1 by default, i set it up once, and it always been that way......then as you may have guessed....when i created one project for Gaia, it rolled back to 2019!!!!?????? i was running Gaia 2021 on Unity 2019 the whole freakin time, trying to understand your code omfg

Ah, that explains a lot - the error you were posting above was caused by Gaia checking for the different input manager settings, which did not exist back then in Unity 2019, which then causes the error. Glad you figured it out and thanks for posting the solution as well!