Gaia Pro 2021 Crashing

brian6782
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Gaia Pro 2021 is crashing for some reason but it is when I am trying to do runtime a lot of times but second round seems to run find not sure what is going on here. I am using Unity 2021.3.6 because I also get render issues with the grass when I do hdrp not sure why I keep getting that it looks like billboard is on but it isn't. I am more worried about the crashing though. Something it doesn't like about the runtime events that get ran. Also BEPR Spawner Pack v100 is having problems when creating the mass it crashes everytime spawning the trees and stuff

Can you please upgrade to 2021.3.7 a lot of people are experiencing this only in that version. When they moved to the next one its been fine. 

I have tried all kinds of versions of unity and it is still doing it here is a picture for the new version of unity but I get this with 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 not sure what it doesn't like but it hates runtime the only time it crashes on me every single time when I have a fresh project but second time is fine strange issue.

34563543.png

You wouldn't be able to use Unity 2022.2 as it is a beta version and we do not support beta versions of Unity. 
I have been using 2021.3.7 without any issues for support projects for testing. It should work from Unity 2020.3 - latest released versions. 

LTS versions are always preferred. 

I have seen reports of 2021.3.6 being very crashing and most move to 2021.3.7 and they dont experience any crashing. 
If you want to test in 2021.3.7 and it still crashes feel free to send me the crash log on discord. Don't put it on here as it has personal information. 

Sorry I just looked it up, its 2021.3.5 which was giving people some issues 2021.3.6 is what I was referring to. 

Having the same issue on 2021.3.6, although the editor locks up completely and is not fine the second time.

William, are you talking about when you use the spawner for BEPR Spawner Pack every single time because that does it every single time to me, but if I use a normal one that has been there a good while it works the second time but yeah it is doing it to me as well even with 2021.3.6 Yes still happening Bryan. I will send you some of the files in your pm thanks.

Okay this is very strange I tried using Unity 2020.3.37f1 and I am not getting any crashes so not sure what is different but with Unity 2021.3.6f1 I am getting the crash with it, not sure what is different and what is going on this is really strange.

The one version of unity I think might be an addon Bryan or something to it because when I did a fresh install it did just fine so now this is really strange, do you think you could look at the logs to tell me what it is really saying?

BEPR crashes every time while placing trees, other issues with crashing, locking the UI completely.

• Solution

Ok thank you both for the information it seems 2021.3.6 might be the issue here. 
I will run some testing and see what could be causing the issues! 

It could be something I am adding too I will do more testing to make sure it isn't something I am adding too.