"HDRP Time of Day Override Volume" seems to have no effect

mroshaw

Hi!

I'm trying to set up my scene, such that the lighting in the interior of buildings is not impacted by the effects being applied by HDRP Time of Day.

I've set up two Game Objects as children of my building:

HDRP ToD Weather Controller - this has an HDRP Time of Day Interior Controller component attached, and a Box Collider with "Is Trigger" true and center and size set to cover the interior of the building.

I have "Use Bounds Settings" set to true, and "Bounds Blend Multiplier" set to 2. Main Camera is set and "Priority" is 0.

HDRP ToD Interior Override - this has an HDRP Time of Day Override Volume component attached, and a Box Collider with "Is Trigger" true and center and size set to cover the interior.

"Blend Time" is 3, "Active In Weather" is true, "Add Volume To Controller" is true, "Volume Time of Day Type" is Night.

In the "HDRP Time of Day" component, "Use Override Volumes" is set to true. I have no other Volumes in my scene.

I run my scene, and set the "Time of Day" to midnight. While the Weather controller seems to work well (I get no rain particles in my room, for example), no matter what I change in the "HDRP Time of Day Override Volume" component, I see no change at all to my scene. The component has become "Active", so I guess the controller sees it and recognises it should be enabled at night. But none of the overrides seem to make a difference.

Am I using these components the wrong way? I want to restore some light and colour to the dark blue that the night scenes apply, to keep my interiors lighter and warmer. Is the "HDRP Time of Day Override Volume" the right component to use to achieve this?

Thanks again!

I may have found something relevant: the override component DOES take effect if there is NO weather active. The moment I enable a weather preset, the overrides seem to be reverted / ignored.

I definitely have "Active In Weather" enabled.

14 hours ago, mroshaw said:

I may have found something relevant: the override component DOES take effect if there is NO weather active. The moment I enable a weather preset, the overrides seem to be reverted / ignored.

I definitely have "Active In Weather" enabled.

Thanks for more info might be some issue with the Active In Weather not being checked correctly will look into it.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:19 AM, mroshaw said:

Thanks Josh! Let me know, as there's still a high probability that I've done something wrong! 

Okay did some digging and it seems that during the weather transitions these volumes are not being processed. Will try get this fixed for the next update but it's a bit of a complicated fix and may take a little time.