Splitting Road Splines

Tikal
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

I have a giant huge road that was made via Mapbuilder and it's insanely laggy. Is there a way to split the road mesh into separate splines? I hope so, cause it's something other spline tools have, but I can't seem to find a way to do it with Gena.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:26 PM, Tikal said:

I have a giant huge road that was made via Mapbuilder and it's insanely laggy. Is there a way to split the road mesh into separate splines? I hope so, cause it's something other spline tools have, but I can't seem to find a way to do it with Gena.

Currently there is no way to split the spline up into seperate splines, when you Bake the road extension out it will split the road mesh for each terrain. But in terms of spline splitting this is not possible and if it was a road spline would cause complications as it would not connect the road meshes correctly. Could be something we could look into for the future to have splines references other splines etc to maybe make something like this possible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Currently there is no way to split the spline up into seperate splines, when you Bake the road extension out it will split the road mesh for each terrain. But in terms of spline splitting this is not possible and if it was a road spline would cause complications as it would not connect the road meshes correctly. Could be something we could look into for the future to have splines references other splines etc to maybe make something like this possible.

Hmm that's unfortunate. I hope the Gena team will look into it, because as I said, it's something that's common in other unity spline assets.

R.A.M 2019 lets you split a road mesh at any point on the spline. It has a field where you can select RAM spline as it's start or end to easily connect various splines together.

7 minutes ago, Tikal said:

Hmm that's unfortunate. I hope the Gena team will look into it, because as I said, it's something that's common in other unity spline assets.

R.A.M 2019 lets you split a road mesh at any point on the spline. It has a field where you can select RAM spline as it's start or end to easily connect various splines together.

Will be sure to pass this onto the developer for GeNa, it would be a nice thing to have as it would make managing large splines better. You can delete a node making a gap but the spline is still thought to be as one.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Solution
On 7/21/2022 at 5:59 AM, Tikal said:

Hey @Tikal

This is a great suggestion. However, with all the projects we have running concurrently at this present time, we aren't able to confirm when we will be able to add this feature to GeNa. 

It would require a lot of re-working some of the internal scripts for GeNa in order to achieve this. Thank you for your patience!