Gena controls not showing up and not working

Glenn
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

I am doing my first setups with gaiaPro + genaPro + synty assets + fantasy kingdom spawner pack. And for that I am following this tutorial:

Some of the feature's don't show up and I can't find them anywhere else in the menus. 
The most straight-forward example would be Iterating through generated prefabs with a spawner. (6:12 in the video)

It should be ctrl-shift-I to iterate through the variations. And the tutorial video you can also see all the shortcuts in the inspector window:
genaexpectedoptions.png.1ced8e63fb021e65f99acdae94fd9b5b.png[screenshot from the video]

For me the list of shortcuts is much smaller, and the missing shortcuts also don't work:

gena-actual-options.png.d0ca23aa02d44697bef4a5ea4760764e.png[screenshot of my editor]

I have tried setting up the project with different import-orders for the packages. But still the same result. 
I'm not really sure if it is a configuration/import issue or if I am missing something else completly. 

Any chance you can point me in the right direction please?

Software versions:

Unity 2022.3.16 LTS
Gaia Pro 2023 4.0.5
Gena Pro 3.5.5
Fantasy Kingdom Spawner Pack 1.0.4
Polygon Synty Fantasy Kingdom 1.10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi there @Glenn,

Thank you for notifying us of this issue. The reason this is different is because the 'GeNaSpawner.cs' file was replaced with the new 'Spawner.cs' file as it was to enhance the process of obfuscating our source code. 

That being said, the reason why the new Quick start guide panel turns out to be different to the original is because we were moving towards a smaller 'Quick' start guide by reducing the amount of complexities to getting started. If you followed the PDF documentation that comes with GeNa, you'll see that almost all of those controls (the ones you see in the video) are still present in the latest version of GeNa. In future, I can release an update to GeNa that allows you to click the '?' button next to Quick Start to show the rest of the hot keys.
image.png

In regards to Ctrl+Shift+i not working as intended, that is because you need to use it in context with Spawning. i.e, as soon as you perform a spawn, you need to still have GeNa selected and then press Ctrl+Shift+i for the iterate functionality to work. 

See how you go with doing the above and let me know if there's anything else I can help with! 🙂

You are completely right. The iterate function does indeed work as expected with the keyboard-shortcut. 

I guess I was confused because the only place in the documentation were I could find it referenced is the screenshot of the quick-start panel from an older version of GeNa (with the full list of shortcuts).

I must have jumped the gun thinking, it's removed from the documentation so it's probably removed from GeNa as wel. 

Thanks for the help, It greatly increases the usability of the spawner pack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1