Ground Textures Missing, but only in build version. They're fine when running in the editor...???

LazySumo

Here is the game while running in the editor...

image.thumb.png.9fb7f4728e65853be925754c6158d9b9.png

But running a built version looks like this... that's Gaia water down there.

image.thumb.png.5943d803ffdc34042cc6e8f2206e8cda.png

I'm on Unity 2023.2.4f1 and GaiaPro2023v405. URP is installed, but I haven't touched it. This is a new project just setup today. 

Over the weekend I had marked this as "Solved" but it wasn't, I just mis-read the situation.

So here's the full setup.

1. Using Gaia 2023 Pro to build terrains for a first person with rogue-like elements.
  2. One of those elements is random maps (terrains).
  3. The tntent is to have multiple "Alpine" terrains in the build, but only one of them gets randomly chosen when a run starts. Or "Coniferous" terrains or whatever kind of biome I create.
  4. I have come up with multiple solutions to the 'random terrain' situation (I'll list the current setup in a sec) but they all show this same issue:
    • When I hit Play in the Editor everything looks great, random terrain is where it should be, life it good.
    • When I compile a build and run that executable the terrain texture is missing (see the second pic above).
    • Terrain itself is there, all the hills, valleys, etc. Just the terrain texture is gone.
  5. At runtime the following conditions exist for Gaia:
    • Session info for all terrains are intact (I am creating a new session for each terrain)
    • All terrains are in the scene Heirarchy but have been moved to another folder and disabled
    • One terrain is chosen, activated and the "Gaia Terrains" folder is set as it's parent.

Absolutely at my wit's end here. Obviously this is enough of a show-stopper that if it can't be fixed then I'll be unable to use Gaia and I really like this tool. So any/all help is appreciated. Thank you!

One more thing that I just noticed, the build version has no shadows??? Sigh.

Been working with this all day, some more info...

It appears that the thing that makes the texture dissappear is if the build launches with the terrain SetActive("false").

If I build and run a version where all terrains are active and then disable all of the unused ones, then it worked fine, but not the other way around.