Draw Heightmap Checkbox is bugged!

dixZo1337
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hey guys,

We exported our terrain as a low-poly mesh and set the original terrain not to render the heightmap while still rendering the foliage and other assigned game objects. But every time I start the game, the heightmap is automatically rendered again, and the respective checkbox is selected. The checkbox cannot be deactivated during game mode. This checkbox is not activated outside of game mode. Why is this checkbox activated automatically? What settings do I need to make so that this no longer happens? There is no error message.

Using Gaia Pro 2021 V. 3.3.6

Unity 2021.3.9f1

Best regards

dixZo1337

Terrain-Draw-Heightmap.png

• Solution

Hi @dixZo1337,

Could you please check on the Gaia Player object if you see an option for "Use Terrain Culling" on there? There is a feature in Gaia which deactivates the heightmap(s) of terrain(s) when off camera, this can shave off a few extra FPS in performance. My bet is that this feature is automatically re-activating the heightmap when the scene starts. With this feature disabled, it should work to keep the setting off.

If that is not it, and if you (or someone on your team) is familiar with script debugging, you could try to find all occurences of where the Terrain.drawHeightmap bool is accessed in your project - you should be able to find the culptit this way.

On 1/3/2024 at 4:49 PM, Peter said:

Hi @dixZo1337,

Could you please check on the Gaia Player object if you see an option for "Use Terrain Culling" on there? There is a feature in Gaia which deactivates the heightmap(s) of terrain(s) when off camera, this can shave off a few extra FPS in performance. My bet is that this feature is automatically re-activating the heightmap when the scene starts. With this feature disabled, it should work to keep the setting off.

If that is not it, and if you (or someone on your team) is familiar with script debugging, you could try to find all occurences of where the Terrain.drawHeightmap bool is accessed in your project - you should be able to find the culptit this way.

Yep, what an accurate bet!

Thanks so much. Unchecking the "Terrain Culling" did the trick!