Gaia Compiling Issues

faith4146

Hello! I recently bought Gaia Pro 2023, Ambient Sounds, and GeNa Pro as well. Every time I try to open these, I get a load of compiling errors. I tried to fix them myself but it isn't working. I'm still a beginner in game development trying to learn, is anyone able to walk me through what to do so I can use these tools? I'm using a 2021 MacBook Pro (Ventura 13.5.2), Unity Version 2022.3.16f1. Thank you for your help in advance!GaiaErrors.thumb.png.e5c6ee9ee1512e047d0644cccaaae619.png

Hi @faith4146, from the screenshot of the error messages it looks like the compilation causes a problem with the file
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Frameworks\PWAddressables1\DemoClient\Scripts\WorldSelectionUI.cs
for some reason. It is a bit strange in so far as that this file should compile without issues in Unity 2022.3.16, I did test this myself two days ago specifically for another support case.
Could you please post the first error message that you see in the console here? It is not visible in the screenshot above and it reads a bit like all other errors might be a follow-up error from what happened before, e.g. if there was a faulty character at the beginning of this script that causes the rest of the code to throw all of these errors.

Sure, the original error is a script syntax error, but I've included a screenshot of all the errors in the beginning of the console. The top one is "Assets/Procedural Worlds/Frameworks/PWAddressables1/DemoClient/Scripts/WorldSelectionUI.cs(6,4): error CS1003: Syntax error, '(' expected"
NewGaiaErrors.thumb.png.37024cdadbe21c6a4620f33deb9fbc8d.png

Hi @faith4146,

thanks for posting the first error! By looking at the error message it looks like either a character is missing in the code file or there is an issue with so-called scripting defines in the c# setup of the project. I can explain a bit more:

The first error points at line 6 in the code file:

image.png

the "#if" at the beginning of the line is a so-called scripting define, this is for code that only becomes active if certain conditions are met. The error reads like as if the initial "#" character would be missing at the beginning of the line like so:

image.png

this then causes all kind of follow-up errors (see the section underlined in red in my screenshot above) just like seen in your console.

Can you please double click on the first error in the console? This should open the code file at line 6. Can you please check if the initial "#" character is at the beginning of line 6? If it is missing, can you please add it manually and save the file? If it is there, and you still get all those errors, it might be an indication that there is an issue with the c# project part / visual studio setup in the project where it does not properly compile those scripting defines for some reason.

Hello! So sorry for a late response. I fixed the first script error, this is what I have now. I'm not quite sure how to fix the rest of the script errors or the external code editor warning at the top.NewErrors.thumb.png.4905c460c436c8daf63e70d1202bec6a.png

Hi @faith4146,

it looks like the origin of the error "moved" to line 20 now, where we have the exact same construct with scripting defines with an initial "#" at the beginning of the line. Are those "#" characters missing in the file in general? If yes, I could imagine there is a general issue with the file system / character encoding, as the file should come with those characters to begin with - it is normally not required to edit Gaia code files after the install, it should just compile like that. I saw you mentioned a different project in another thread, I will reply to that one as well.