asset integration with external weather system

woodkm5

Yes this should be possible, you would need to open the runtime dialog again, and depending on your Gaia version you can remove the lighting / sky from there. In Gaia 2021 it should be possible to turn the sky to "none" then re-apply the runtime, in Gaia 2023 the Lighting component in the runtime menu has a "Remove"button to remove it from the scene again.

I've decided to use the enviro 3 package but I have tried setting the skies value in the runtime to None but the sky still remains. It only seems to remove the lighting.

I have another question as well, its about the wind system. I increased the main value in the wind zone component but the foliage did not move that fast. Does the foliage only have slight movement? 

13 hours ago, woodkm5 said:

I've decided to use the enviro 3 package but I have tried setting the skies value in the runtime to None but the sky still remains. It only seems to remove the lighting.

The skybox is controlled by the Skybox material of the scene found in the Windows > Rendering > Lighting dialog in unity. -(See under "Enivronment -> Skybox Material"However I would expect that Enviro sets up its own skybox material as soon as you apply it to the scene.

9 hours ago, woodkm5 said:

I have another question as well, its about the wind system. I increased the main value in the wind zone component but the foliage did not move that fast. Does the foliage only have slight movement? 

It should be possible to have fast wind movement as well: The wind movement in the vegetation is controlled by the shaders, and the shaders "need to know" how strong the wind zone is. This information is passed into the shaders by the wind manager component on the wind zone:
image.png
If that component is on the wind zone, normally the wind zone settings should affect the vegetation, the "transition time" controls how quickly changes in the wind strength are transported in the shader. However you will only see the full effect during runtime and only a slight wind effect in the scene view when the scene is not running.

Ok, so I have tried changing the value for the global wind distance and the transition time. I've also maxed out the values in the wind zone component and the vegetation still moves slow. Is there anyway that I can make a change in code or something to increase the speed? 

Hi @woodkm5,

which vegetation assets are you using? If you are using the vegetation that comes with Gaia, the trees should move drastically when you increase the wind speed. Here is an example clip:

https://i.gyazo.com/1319df4ed373228feae9eded873b80e4.mp4

You can alter how strong a vegetation item reacts to wind in the material settings here, try to adjust the flex and frequency values:

image.png

If you are not using the Gaia prefabs but use vegetation from another asset that you spawn through gaia, you would need to check how they handle wind, usually they should have some settings in the material or on the prefab too.