Moving the GAIA folder

Diliup
Go to solution Solved by MiTschMR,

As the Gaia 2021 asset pack is large I want to move it to a separate folder which I keep untracked in my repo. But when I do that I can't render the scene as some shaders are not accessible. The error is 

"Shader error in 'Shader Graphs/PW_General_ShaderGraph_URP': Couldn't open include file 'Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Shaders/PW General/PW_GeneralFuncs.cginc'. at line 890".
Is there a workaround to this problem or do I have to keep the Procedural World folder in the same place and keep that untracked?

@Diliup I think Bryan might have misread that question - there was a common error with shaders recently that his reply was aiming at, but that has nothing to do with your issue. Please do not move the Gaia folder at the moment as it will break some of the shaders included (this was the error message you were seeing). It should still be possible to exclude the Gaia install folder from source control by excluding the 
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia 
folder. Please make sure to INCLUDE the Assets\Gaia User Data folder - that is the one containing the terrain and scene data for the terrains that Gaia created, that one is crucial to have in source control.

• Solution

Actually, if you do intend to move the folders, you most likely need to manually change the paths in the shaders that look for these cginc files to point to the new location of them.