Gaia Pro Time Of Day (Interior Materials Not Looking Right)

Casper

Hello, I have tried many things about Gaia Time of day. I am using a car in my project and the materials and textures look really bad when using the vehicle from the inside. I tried to fine-tune all the settings related to this, but I didn't get any results(I'm not a lighting expert. I may not have been able to do it). Even if the vehicle interior is fixed, different things seem broken in the Gaia world. However, when I open the morning, day, evening, and night options one by one without using the time of day, it looks fine. Can I create a day cycle using morning, day, evening, and night options? If it can be created, how should I do this? If it is impossible, how can I make the day cycle using only day or morning? If this is not possible, what would you recommend?

I also have a second question. I use point lights for headlights outside the vehicle. When I adjust the point light intensity according to the day, the light becomes too bright at night. When I adjust for night, the day is not visible at all. Is there anything you can suggest for this situation?

Thanks in advance for your answers

I'm sorry, I'm writing again because I couldn't update my message. I am using Unity 2021.3.9f1 Hdrp 12.1.7. I'm using the World Building Bundle - 2021 Edition package

36 minutes ago, Casper said:

Hello, I have tried many things about Gaia Time of day. I am using a car in my project and the materials and textures look really bad when using the vehicle from the inside. I tried to fine-tune all the settings related to this, but I didn't get any results(I'm not a lighting expert. I may not have been able to do it). Even if the vehicle interior is fixed, different things seem broken in the Gaia world. However, when I open the morning, day, evening, and night options one by one without using the time of day, it looks fine. Can I create a day cycle using morning, day, evening, and night options? If it can be created, how should I do this? If it is impossible, how can I make the day cycle using only day or morning? If this is not possible, what would you recommend?

I also have a second question. I use point lights for headlights outside the vehicle. When I adjust the point light intensity according to the day, the light becomes too bright at night. When I adjust for night, the day is not visible at all. Is there anything you can suggest for this situation?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Hi @Casper,

it is a bit difficult to say what might be causing this - HDRP has a lot of settings, and this could either be related to one of them, or it could be an issue with the materials in / on the car as well. 
If you wanted to re-create the time of day system with the other static lighting preset it would require you to program a new time of day system yourself, this is not something that can be done with a few clicks in Gaia.
I'm not sure if this is the right approach either. What I would rather recommend is to become familiar with the render pipeline you chose for your project and try to find out what settings may cause the material of the car to act so weirdly so you can fix that issue properly. The lighting in HDRP is mainly volume based where you can add a lot of settings for how the environment etc. should act in terms of lighting and post processing.
You should be able to find all relevant parts under the "Gaia Lighting" object in the scene, have you tried to deactivate the volumes or single components on those volumes yet to see if you can associate one of them with the problem?
Please note that we are not doing any custom lighting calculation / rendering with Gaia, we rather use default HDRP components and what is being set up in the scene is just a preset for already existing HDRP features.

Regarding the headlight issue: This is as it supposed to be - light sources are less visible during the day due to the surrounding ambient light. Imagine a streetlight that is turned on during a bright summer day, you are usually barely able to tell that is running, whereas in the night you can clearly see the light source. If you wanted to override that, you could either try to adjust the light intensity with a script, or adjust post processing systems via script.

Please note that both these questions are difficult to answer due to the complexity of lighting settings in HDRP. If you want to get more information about lighting in HDRP, please see this ebook by Unity:
https://blog.unity.com/engine-platform/updated-for-2021-lts-the-definitive-guide-to-lighting-in-the-high-definition-render

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Hi @Casper,

it is a bit difficult to say what might be causing this - HDRP has a lot of settings, and this could either be related to one of them, or it could be an issue with the materials in / on the car as well. 
If you wanted to re-create the time of day system with the other static lighting preset it would require you to program a new time of day system yourself, this is not something that can be done with a few clicks in Gaia.
I'm not sure if this is the right approach either. What I would rather recommend is to become familiar with the render pipeline you chose for your project and try to find out what settings may cause the material of the car to act so weirdly so you can fix that issue properly. The lighting in HDRP is mainly volume based where you can add a lot of settings for how the environment etc. should act in terms of lighting and post processing.
You should be able to find all relevant parts under the "Gaia Lighting" object in the scene, have you tried to deactivate the volumes or single components on those volumes yet to see if you can associate one of them with the problem?
Please note that we are not doing any custom lighting calculation / rendering with Gaia, we rather use default HDRP components and what is being set up in the scene is just a preset for already existing HDRP features.

Regarding the headlight issue: This is as it supposed to be - light sources are less visible during the day due to the surrounding ambient light. Imagine a streetlight that is turned on during a bright summer day, you are usually barely able to tell that is running, whereas in the night you can clearly see the light source. If you wanted to override that, you could either try to adjust the light intensity with a script, or adjust post processing systems via script.

Please note that both these questions are difficult to answer due to the complexity of lighting settings in HDRP. If you want to get more information about lighting in HDRP, please see this ebook by Unity:
https://blog.unity.com/engine-platform/updated-for-2021-lts-the-definitive-guide-to-lighting-in-the-high-definition-render

Thank you @Peter, I will investigate the lighting system in more detail. I will share the developments under this heading later.