Conform to slope (Ge Na Spawner extension) doesn't work properly with several terrains

Hexus
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

We work with 256x256 terrains. When I try to spawn objects that should adjust to the angle of the slope, the correct objects spawn only on one terrain, and on the rest, there are big problems with rotation.

unknown.png

Black square: without "Conform to slope";
Green: With "Conform to slope" on one terrain;
Red: With "Conform to slope" on any other terrains.

I created one 8192x8192 terrain. And the script spawned sloped objects properly. Later I created 4 256x256 terrains, so the length is 512, very small, but objects spawned very bad:
image_2022-07-12_17-40-51.png

Only on one terrain object spawned correctly.

unknown.png

I know I can change X and Z rotation, but "not correct" objects' rotation doesn't change. When changing Y rotation it doesn't change before 80 degrees. At 85 degrees it makes objects horizontally. At 90 degrees the object looks as if it is 180 degrees. In addition, the objects lie face down, that is, the X rotation has been changed by the script. The script mustn't change X rotation.

I checked Gena.Scripts.Core.dll and now think that the problem is that the spawner only reads one terrain map and when spawning objects on another terrain it doesn't read a new terrain map so it uses the old one.

image_2022-07-12_14-32-30.png

image_2022-07-12_14-53-35.png

• Solution

Hey @Hexus,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention! 
I'm happy to report that I have a new patch for you to trial that should fix the issue for you. 
Could you import this on top of GeNa in your project and let me know if it fixes your issue for you?

GeNaProv3.3.20-SpawnCallPatch.zip

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Manny said:

Hey @Hexus,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention! 
I'm happy to report that I have a new patch for you to trial that should fix the issue for you. 
Could you import this on top of GeNa in your project and let me know if it fixes your issue for you?

GeNaProv3.3.20-SpawnCallPatch.zip 444.93 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you, it works! Now it works properly with multiple terrains.

• Thanks 1