Gena Bug with no gena

BunnyViking
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Getting a bunch of this

"Exception: Detected neither redo nor undo operation!
GeNa.Core.UndoProManager.DetectStateChange (GeNa.Core.UndoState prevState, GeNa.Core.UndoState nextState, System.Int32& addedRecordsCount) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/UndoProManager.cs:329)
GeNa.Core.UndoProManager.UndoRedoPerformed () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/UndoProManager.cs:271)
UnityEditor.Undo.Internal_CallUndoRedoPerformed () (at <ba030cc3475e41258f58c8c467eb72e2>:0)"

In the beta version of Gena Pro. I don't even have Gena in the scene (and have not had Gena in this scene). 2021.2.3f1 URP 12.1.1

Thanks for reporting! Is this associated with any specific action that you perform? (E.g. this only happens when you run a spawner) or is this a message that appears in the console by itself over time?

10 hours ago, Peter said:

Thanks for reporting! Is this associated with any specific action that you perform? (E.g. this only happens when you run a spawner) or is this a message that appears in the console by itself over time?

It seems to just appear in the console over time. It's not one of those constant ones that just runs up to 999+ quickly but it triggers a fair bit.

I've just been building stuff using an asset kit so mostly a lot of basic dragging and dropping stuff around.

The scene i'm working on has no PW stuff in it, but gaia pro and gena pro (the current canopy versions) are both in the project.

On 12/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, Peter said:

Hey, I'm having the same issue (2021.2.7). This can be recreated by:
1. Having a scene with Gaia/Gena
2. Removing everything regarding these tools
3. Applying a material to an object (in my case, by dragging a material from the project folder, onto an object in the scene).

• Solution

I experimented a bit with the information you both provided, and I was able to reproduce the error, although not as frequent as you were experiencing it. I would need to review this with the team as I am not as deeply involved with GeNa development. It looks like the error is thrown when GeNa looks at a new undo / redo operation to figure out whether itself needs to do anything with that or not, but the event that triggered this is neither an undo or an redo.
Apparently something might have changed in the newer unity versions where the event for undo/redo handling is sent even though the user did not perform an undo/redo, but rather did something like assigning a material.

I've made a small patch where I just ignore these invalid events then instead of throwing an error message each time. Could you please try to download the attached file, rename it to ".unitypackage" and install it in your project? This should fix the error messages appearing for now & I will review this with the team.

GeNa-UndoErrorSpamFix.unitypackage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm that the fix stopped the error spam in my case. Thx 🙂 You could have just said to modify this one line in the UndoProManager.cs instead of issuing a whole package 😜 Thank you for the swift response!

image.png.37fa77faf60be067dd00d26de6ae8c21.png