Would it be possible to turn GTS into toon/cellshaded with colored self and dropped shadows?

Sandro

Hey,

I want to upgrade my terrain shader and GTS seems like a great tool. Problem is I'm not making realistic visual game. Would it be possible to somehow get GTS to render terrain with cell-shaded technique and color self/received shadows or is that not something worth pursuing based on GTS architecture?

Thanks,

Sandro

• Like 1

Hey @Sandro,

Supporting a cell-shaded technique with colored self / receieved shadows is not something we have planned for GTS. Custom lighting models can be quite difficult to support entirely in shadergraph, more so in HDRP as opposed to URP (URP allows better access to lighting information). 

For other effects relating to acheving a cartoony style that could still influence the style of the terrain, you could look into custom post process effects such as a posterization / quantization:

https://ragueel.medium.com/creating-simple-cell-shading-custom-post-process-in-hdrp-b3f2ea2b8c28

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/realtoon-an-anime-toon-shader-65518#description