Game Scene view problem

Esin
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hello team,

I've encountered an issue where I'm unable to view my terrain in the game view when I press play. Instead, it produces a sound and abruptly stops. Additionally, the visual display appears distorted. I've attached the screenshots for reference. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly helpful.

image.thumb.png.1dc9be88bf84321adde12f2b5c9d0cca.png

This part is supposed to happen: 
image.png

However, not seeing the terrain could come down to a few things. 
Fog, or shader. 
Are you using GTS? 

Thanks so much Bryan for reviewing this problem. As far as I remember I haven't added fog. However, I've created this terrain with the "Manual with Stamper" and made various adjustments using the shader browser, particularly for hills and mountains. I believe I might have also applied the terrain shader 🥲 What do you think?

On a side note (if this would help), the random generation feature doesn't seem to function for me, as I can't see a base terrain when I select that option. So, I've been opting for the manual approach with the stamper instead and make adjustments on the shader 😕

• Solution

@Esin In the first screenshot you posted it looks like the "pause" button on top of the editor is on:

image.png

could it be that you have "Erro Pause" active in the console window?

image.png

What I assume that could be going on is: You start the scene, it renders the first frame and starts playing back sound for a short moment, but then immediately runs into an error that puts the scene in pause mode. If "Pause on Error" is active and you see an error message in the console when starting the scene, this could explain the behavior.

Regarding the terrain not rendering correctly, you made some comments you were using the "shader browser"? I assume you mean the terrain inspector? By default, the terrains you set up with Gaia should use the correct terrain shader for the render pipeline of your project. You should not change the shader unless you want to use a different terrain shader. 
You can check which material/shader the terrain is using in the terrain settings in the terrain inspector:
image.png

• Like 1