Grass Details not Showing into other scene

MOIZ

I export the whole map as a prefab and want to use it into another project without Gaia plugin. When i make prefab, everything is good in project but when i import it into other unity project it doesn't show the grass and flowers. The reason i don't want to use Gaia plugin in other project is because developer is using Invector and he got so many issues if both are in same projects. 

Now if there's any way to keep everything ( not lightning and PP obv ) but just the env. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using Gaia and Invector together for a couple of years now without (much) problem.  The trick is to get Invector running clean in a minimal scene, then move the character to the Gaia scene and rebuild the runtime (custom controller).   After that they play together pretty well. 

For the grass and flowers (I've had that problem too), the first thing I would do is make sure Flora is turned off in the original project.  Other than that, send system details (Unity & Gaia version, RP, etc.). 

• 2 months later...

Hi, I also have a similar problem with the grass display on Unity terrain. My biome spawner setup is like this. The generated area covers the whole scene, however, it does not render any grass on the ground. I also try to generate grass and grass billboards. They're all not working.

The project is running on Unity 2023.1.16f, Gaia - 4.0.4, hdrp

image.thumb.png.802cdfb981ba7ed135602dee97ec1196.pngimage.thumb.png.6eb98d23cd98e40bb1a4a51ba8247574.pngimage.thumb.png.9d41bb512c2af8274a4dfc736202c7c2.png

Hi @ydy007,

Gaia uses Unity's terrain detail system: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/terrain-Grass.html

When prefabs / textures do not appear after spawning, it is usually the problem that the asset that is used is not set up correctly for the usage in the Unity terrain detail system. With the settings in your screenshot you are using the "Vertex Lit" render mode. Have you tried to set up the prefab manually in the terrain detail section of the terrain inspector, and painted it on by hand without using Gaia? If it does not appear then as well, you would need to focus on that, if it shows up when you put it on the terrain manually, it should show up when put there by Gaia as well.