Couple of things

Matmalm
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

- When Baking Optimize Scene, some objects pops in and out depending on the camera angle and distance (without using occlusion culling) ... does it depends on the cell size? Because I have the same game object in other areas of the scene and they don't have this issue.

- I have some scripts on doors, drawers and other game objects but they can't work when they are baked, is there a setting to not include these objects or maybe to bake them even if they contain scripts but keep the scripts intact?

- For objects using GPU instancing wouldn't make sense to bake them so just wondering if there is also a setting to exclude GPU instancing objects?

- I also noticed that after the bake is made, the combined meshes use a mesh collider, wouldn't be better to just unable the renderer on the original game object instead of unable completely the original game object? In that way we can keep the original colliders.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 3:06 PM, Matmalm said:

- When Baking Optimize Scene, some objects pops in and out depending on the camera angle and distance (without using occlusion culling) ... does it depends on the cell size? Because I have the same game object in other areas of the scene and they don't have this issue.

Depending on how far this is it can be one of two things: 
1. being the normal view distance of the Unity editor. 
2. LOD distances. 

- I have some scripts on doors, drawers and other game objects but they can't work when they are baked, is there a setting to not include these objects or maybe to bake them even if they contain scripts but keep the scripts intact?

Yes, all you need to do is put these types of things in a separate game object that you are not baking or using the scene optimizer on. You can optimize multiple parents. 
Typically I put all my Environment stuff into one parent, and all my interactable game objects into another. 

- For objects using GPU instancing wouldn't make sense to bake them so just wondering if there is also a setting to exclude GPU instancing objects?

Same thing as above just put these in a different game object parent. 

- I also noticed that after the bake is made, the combined meshes use a mesh collider, wouldn't be better to just unable the renderer on the original game object instead of unable completely the original game object? In that way we can keep the original colliders.

There is a lot of things at play here, we do this to reduce performance, while we also bake the same materials as well. 
Really after everything is done you could potentially get rid of the original objects, but again I would only do this when you are completely done with the scene. You could also save the originals as its own prefab for future (what if's) down the line. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 12:51 AM, Bryan said:

Depending on how far this is it can be one of two things: 
1. being the normal view distance of the Unity editor. 
2. LOD distances. 

Yes, all you need to do is put these types of things in a separate game object that you are not baking or using the scene optimizer on. You can optimize multiple parents. 
Typically I put all my Environment stuff into one parent, and all my interactable game objects into another. 

Same thing as above just put these in a different game object parent. 

There is a lot of things at play here, we do this to reduce performance, while we also bake the same materials as well. 
Really after everything is done you could potentially get rid of the original objects, but again I would only do this when you are completely done with the scene. You could also save the originals as its own prefab for future (what if's) down the line. 

Is it possible to make a filter for objects which have scripts on it? And also objects which use GPUI? In other words, more filters for only those objects which the mesh baking would be effective.
If I make a house with interiors for example and have a lot of interactable objects and GPUI that could take some time to separate. It also would disorganize the hierarchy as normally you would place those objects inside the house parent. 

14 hours ago, Bryan said:

Maybe, change the layers of those objects? 
I think that would be the best option without creating a script for it. 

Right, but my point is to add a filter for objects with scripts so I don't miss one. In case I miss one it will not work and as you usually do the mesh baking at the end, missing more than a scriptable game object could happen... at least I have like 30-50 for each building.

• Solution

That I am not sure, this would be something you would need to make as this is something we do not have out of the box.