Unofficial Tropical Forest Biome

Sorra the Orc
Go to solution Solved by Sorra the Orc,

• Solution

I've repackaged my Biome for the Tropical Forrest Pack to make it easier to get a hold of. It's available under an open source license (use commercially, redistribute, whatever you want, just maintain the license on the biome). https://github.com/TheWizardsCode/ProceduralWorlds_UnofficialExtensions I'm always welcoming of improvements and appreciate people testing it out for me. Feedback via GitHub issues please.

You can see it in action (and get a 4 part tutorial on building it) at 

Edited by Sorra the Orc
Fix video link
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

@Sorra the Orc  Hi I purchased the TFP and was trying to use the extension but having some difficulties. It seems your github repo is over it's LFS limit? Is the full package available elsewhere?

After I add the extension to my project package manager - add from local file system how does one let Gaia Pro know where to find it?

Glenn

In addition to my question above, I noticed with Unity 2021.2.12 using HDRP that the grasses spawner spawns the grasses but they are not render-able and it shows an error.

image.png.5ef020760528ffe409f239157b7b4a47.png

image.png.79f8cc93924ae7ae610217e1bd54035e.png

On 2/24/2022 at 10:15 AM, iByte said:

@Sorra the Orc  Hi I purchased the TFP and was trying to use the extension but having some difficulties. It seems your github repo is over it's LFS limit? Is the full package available elsewhere?

After I add the extension to my project package manager - add from local file system how does one let Gaia Pro know where to find it?

Glenn

What makes you say I'm over my LFS limit? I pay for LFS storage on GitHub but this repo is just a few text files so there should be no way it is hitting a limit.

Gaia will automatically discover new biomes in my experience, but there may be a magic refresh button somewhere in the UI. Not sure, you need a PW person for that one I'm afraid.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:35 AM, iByte said:

In addition to my question above, I noticed with Unity 2021.2.12 using HDRP that the grasses spawner spawns the grasses but they are not render-able and it shows an error.

image.png.5ef020760528ffe409f239157b7b4a47.png

image.png.79f8cc93924ae7ae610217e1bd54035e.png

This is nothing to do with the Biome. It's a limitation of HDRP terrains. That's why PW built Flora. Hit play and it should work. If not then you need Flora support from the PW team as I don't use HDRP.

12 minutes ago, Sorra the Orc said:

What makes you say I'm over my LFS limit? I pay for LFS storage on GitHub but this repo is just a few text files so there should be no way it is hitting a limit.

Gaia will automatically discover new biomes in my experience, but there may be a magic refresh button somewhere in the UI. Not sure, you need a PW person for that one I'm afraid.

Just remembered here are a whole load of CC0 textures in this repo, but I see no indication of LFS issues. Was this perhaps a glitch in the matrix?

Hi at the time when I tried to clone the project, I received a message that said it was over some limit (assume your monthly LFS bandwidth limit). The rest of the files came down okay sans textures.

Glenn

On 3/5/2022 at 12:54 AM, Sorra the Orc said:

This is nothing to do with the Biome. It's a limitation of HDRP terrains. That's why PW built Flora. Hit play and it should work. If not then you need Flora support from the PW team as I don't use HDRP.

Hi I did not mean to imply it was an issue with the biome files. I found out in another thread on canopy that it is caused by a Unity Editor bug.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:52 AM, Sorra the Orc said:

😄 I was not able to find the magic import button but was able to follow your video series and plug in the files in the correct places. Thank you! for sharing your knowledge.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:38 AM, iByte said:

😄 I was not able to find the magic import button but was able to follow your video series and plug in the files in the correct places. Thank you! for sharing your knowledge.

That's the problem with magic, it only works when you are not looking. But I'm glad you could follow the videos. That's a better way to go as you can now tune to your personal preference.