Tiles with Different Biomes

Cartoffel
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi all,

I'm trying to do something fairly ambitious, but to start, I just want to be able to dynamically generate tiles with different biomes. I'm just trying to do this through the UI to start, but I want to code it up so I can trigger generation on arbitrary commands.

Thanks!

I am also new to the topic, but if you want to have only one terrain tile, with one biome, that comes fairly natural. Just watch the introductionary video and this is what you get. There is also a 6:11 min video which explains how to get multiple biomes on terrain. 

Yea I did that, the one tile is pretty cool and looks good! But I need to be able to dynamically generate tiles

Sadly, Gaia Pro does not generate worlds at runtime just design time. 
You could modify or create scripts to do it, but this is something we dont do out of the box. 

48 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Sadly, Gaia Pro does not generate worlds at runtime just design time. 
You could modify or create scripts to do it, but this is something we dont do out of the box. 

Hmm. Well I would say the company name is a bit misleading then. "Procedural Worlds" would tend to suggest runtime procedural generation. I would suggest that this fact is made explicit in the Unity Asset Store, as I bought the software expecting that.

• Solution

I am very sorry you were confused based off the name of the company vs the product that we sell. 
However, Gaia Pro 2021 does handle procedural generation just at design time not runtime. 
We also do not say that Gaia Pro 2021 is runtime also all of our tutorials showcase design time generation, with procedural generation during editor development. 

• Bryan locked this topic