Spherical Terrain / Curved Worlds

Martin

I've watched a couple of videos but they're using C# code and not Gaia. They take a cube and turn it into a sphere so that we have control over the amount of triangles on the terrain 

I see some guys at World Creator has managed to get this right - but I would like to stick with Gaia

Im am also interessted in the solution if there is any. 

I think I also watched the videos you are referring to, and believe that this will not work because I am not convinced that what those guys create is actually terrain. However, I am new to unity and gaia and would like to hear a pro's opinion on that one. 

Unity terrain is 2D, I have no idea if this is really possible or uses a trick so I'm following the topic.

I was going to suggest you take this one to reddit, google or youtube because it's probably not Gaia specific. I've definitely seen tutorials - e.g. CodeMonkey explained how Dyson Sphere Program achieved it.

Gaia's finished terrains are still unity terrains so if you learn the trick I imagine you can apply it to your Gaia output

FYI - I'm nothing to do with Procedural Worlds, I just stopped by while checking for my own answer

This is the guy I watched. I suppose he makes a mesh and paints it with textures. Don't think that is equal to makaing terrain.

(True) Curved worlds are difficult to do with the unity terrain object, it is flat and cannot be rotated by default, and the underlying heightmap system is not made to support a planet, but rather just a square flat area.
There are shader products on the asset store that can give the illusion of a round surface, e.g. https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/curved-world-2020-173251
If you do not want to rely on shader tricks it would be better to look for an asset that can do planet rendering and / or develop your own solution.