Found an Issue or bug

DKnight
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hello Guys

While creating a custom biome, i was creating a spawner.  And came across an issue. I was creating spwner for a pw_bushed, and when click spawn. Nothing would show up. The console was saying :

The tree PW_Plant_Bush_01_03 couldn't be instanced because one of the materials is missing.
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()

so I inspected the model and say what was missing.

image.png.5a8eaacf22b265ea7f8cbf0892f6ad16.png

I then clicked "Extract Materials" and it created the billboard.

But now i see

image.png.018ee0d76ac15fe13051a1a447f86476.png

is there an easy way to fix the billboards ?

DKnight

• Solution

Hi @DKnight

it is "correct" that the material is missing, the trees and bushes were originally created with simple flat cross shaped billboards in a modeling application. We exchanged those with better billboard models at a later stage that also display well if the tree is rendered from above and with a different material as well.
If you check the folder

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Gaia Pro\Assets\Prefabs\Plants

there you can find prefabs for all bushes correctly assembled with the newer billboard stage, likewise with the prefabs/trees folder. If you use those prefabs instead of the mesh, you should get rid off the issue, benefit from the better billboard & also use the Gaia Layer Based culling (the prefabs are set up to use the correct layers already).