Installation Quick Start

Josh

Here we will just go over the installation process for the HDRP Time of Day.

If you are not using Gaia Pro then you can skip this part and move to step 2.

Step 1:

If you are installing this along an existing Gaia Pro 2021 installation, please make sure you do the following.

• Remove the folder Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Gaia Pro\HDRP Time Of Day. This folder contains an embedded, simpler version of the system that will create conflicts if it is being kept around. If you accidentally installed over without deleting the folder first, delete the folder now and re-import the HDRP Time Of Day System.image.png.974a4ea7893ab2347f65652b8c767d20.png
  • Then you need to delete these language pack files from within the Gaia installation: Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Localization\English\HDRPTimeOfDayEditor.English.pwlpk : Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Localization\English\HDRPTimeOfDayOverrideVolumeEditor.English.pwlpk. These files have been moved into the standalone version and will conflict if left in before importing.image.thumb.png.c94d554a8ab8a017dc30a994c35ca4ee.png

Step 2:

• Make sure you are using the supported engine version 2021.3+
  • To use this system you must be using HDRP.
  • Import the package into your project.
  • You can then add the HDRP Time Of Day system to your scene by going to Window/Procedural Worlds/HDRP Time Of Day/Add HDRP Time Of Day...image.png.7d33fc61b00f1cff779bf0c645c429b8.png

Now you are ready to use HDRP Time Of Day.

• Like 2

• Adam pinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

I've had some issues trying to install directly per the above guidance - i get an error:

image.png.921ff6f132d95da36bbcd65f840d1f59.png

Is there updated documentation on how best to install TOD (which is really great) - and perhaps this is now a set of options in the GAIA pro install?

Update to my post - think i figured this out. The latest versions of GAIA (3.3.5) and HDRP Time Of Day (1.2) take care of integration on install conflicts in either order. You DO NOT need to remove files manually. If you install TOD first, then GAIA Pro - there is an option under Procedural Worlds > HDRP Time of Day > Clean up HDRP GAIA Time of Day - that tidies things up. Likewise, if you install GAIA Pro first, then TOD - you get a pop up:

image.png.b7b09178577da26a304fbe77d9fa91ef.png

Just follow the instructions and good to go. The updates now do not seem to require any manual deletion in the project folder. 

• 1 month later...

I'm using Unity 2022.2.12 and I can't get this asset to work. The sample scene shows missing behaviours and the scene does not respond to any of the UI controls. 

I don't even get the menu to work properly.spacer.png
image.png

I have installed the package multiple times and still doesn't work.

I am not using Gaia or any other assets in this project. Just a blank HDRP project in 2022.2.12