Request for Extrusion PRO, GeNa Pro

SkullAndSmile
Go to solution Solved by Clyde,

I just bought the asset soon after its release in the asset store. I searched in the last 3 months for exactly that feature for my current game and tried many Unity Spline solutions. After a lot of time and frustration, finally this solution is the first one that works in the way I need it to. It produces wonderful results.  Because I am in the middle of the project, I would love to name some of my wishes in the hope that it helps in further development. 

The first one would be a Y junction. I do make a high speed racing game and the even with the offset the normal X junction requires the player to take an extreme turn. 

The second one would be the Intersection Offset could be higher. It has a range of 0 - 5, but I think it wouldn't hurt to increase it to 10 :D. 

The third and last wish I got is that it would be wonderful, if I could make changes between 2 points. So, I would love to increase the width of the road towards the junction point. 

I am truly thankful for this wonderful release and I hope you can continue the great work. 🙂

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkullAndSmile said:

I just bought the asset soon after its release in the asset store. I searched in the last 3 months for exactly that feature for my current game and tried many Unity Spline solutions.

Thanks for your feedback. The team is looking into your suggestions now 🙂

Glad you are enjoying Extrusion Pro!

5 hours ago, SkullAndSmile said:

The first one would be a Y junction. I do make a high speed racing game and the even with the offset the normal X junction requires the player to take an extreme turn

You can get somewhat of a Y if you turn off Auto Smooth and adjust the tangets.  I'll see what I can do to "force" it to create a Y with an option.

image.png.f8c5b874a601ea278ca17f4509036017.png

A new variable will be added, Minimum Openings.  This will set the minimum number of sides for a regular polygon to be available for attaching the extrusions to intersections.  You should be able to get the above type Y using a large odd value (like 7).

Oh, that looks perfect 🙂

Thanks for the swift response. I am looking forward to it. 

Would there be a possibility to edit the Intersection Offset between two openings specific? I think this goes too far in the details, but I would love to have a sharper edge between the paths. (so that the vehicles bounce into a path and don't get stopped by a flat wall) On the other hand, I do really like how the roads splits in two (in your second image) It gets first wider and at the end opens into two roads. 

LightRange.PNG

• Solution
12 hours ago, SkullAndSmile said:

Oh, that looks perfect 🙂

Thanks for the swift response. I am looking forward to it. 

Would there be a possibility to edit the Intersection Offset between two openings specific? I think this goes too far in the details, but I would love to have a sharper edge between the paths. (so that the vehicles bounce into a path and don't get stopped by a flat wall) On the other hand, I do really like how the roads splits in two (in your second image) It gets first wider and at the end opens into two roads. 

LightRange.PNG

GeNa will get a set of features in the near future that will allow Extensions to be notified when nodes are selected/added/deleted in a spline.  That will give Extensions the ability to allow users to store data specific to a given node.  
Until then, you could put barriers/barrels there. The following can be found in "Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Asset Samples/Content Resources/Prefabs":
image.png.a63a3a9898e7e0d9c3b12e5d8c5b5a23.png

image.png.3b6183d7b3a753b5de35938e1d00aa40.png

Thanks for the reply and your time. I am really happy to hear about these features :). 

I will be looking forward to the updates! 

• Like 1