Sectr Questions

newcolours

Hello,

Sorry for the non-descript title I have a handful of questions about Sectr. I'm currently using WorldStreamer2 but I'm also using Digger which makes everything complicated. So, my questions:

1. Sectr can stream terrains and it can manage portals, can it also stream objects and/or load stuff based on collider?
  2. Is there some kind of work flow for using Sectr with digger (or is it known not to work?)
  3. Does it require separate Work and Stream/Play scenes like WS2?
  4. Does it work in Unity 2022.3?
  5. Oh, I'm also using Microverse not Gaia, I'm assuming Sectr is not dependent upon Gaia?

14 hours ago, newcolours said:

Sectr can stream terrains and it can manage portals, can it also stream objects and/or load stuff based on collider?

Yes, the terrains will be turned into chunks. 
- These will have portals 

Is there some kind of work flow for using Sectr with digger (or is it known not to work?)

Honestly, no I don't know. I have not used digger for years. 

Does it require separate Work and Stream/Play scenes like WS2?

Yeah, the terrain will be put into chunks and each chunk is a part of the build settings. 
Then they are streamed that way. 

Does it work in Unity 2022.3?

It should yes

Oh, I'm also using Microverse not Gaia, I'm assuming Sectr is not dependent upon Gaia?

No its a standalone. 

Hi

I think you misunderstood some questions

Can Sectr stream objects, separate from the terrain. For example for small detail objects I might stream a shorter distance than for terrain

And while I know chunks become their own scenes, do you have to work on terrain in a scene separate from where your lights and player live?

On 9/29/2023 at 2:20 AM, newcolours said:

Can Sectr stream objects, separate from the terrain. For example for small detail objects I might stream a shorter distance than for terrain

No they are tied to the terrain. 

On 9/29/2023 at 2:20 AM, newcolours said:

And while I know chunks become their own scenes, do you have to work on terrain in a scene separate from where your lights and player live?

No you can load them in as you need them.