VolumetricClouds.CloudPresets 'value' Definition Errors in Unity 2022.2.19

omochi
Go to solution Solved by Mad Stuntman,

I am writing to report an issue I encountered while working with your HDRP Time Of Day 1.2.0 asset in Unity 2022.2.19. 
I am experiencing repeated errors related to the 'VolumetricClouds.CloudPresets' class, stating that it does not contain a definition for 'value'.

The exact error messages I am receiving are as follows:

Assets\Procedural Worlds\HDRP Time Of Day\Scripts\Core\HDRPTimeOfDayProfile.cs(437,88): error CS1061: 'VolumetricClouds.CloudPresets' does not contain a definition for 'value' and no accessible extension method 'value' accepting a first argument of type 'VolumetricClouds.CloudPresets' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\HDRP Time Of Day\Scripts\Core\HDRPTimeOfDayWeatherProfile.cs(100,86): error CS1061: 'VolumetricClouds.CloudPresets' does not contain a definition for 'value' and no accessible extension method 'value' accepting a first argument of type 'VolumetricClouds.CloudPresets' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\HDRP Time Of Day\Scripts\Core\HDRPTimeOfDayProfile.cs(2063,84): error CS1061: 'VolumetricClouds.CloudPresets' does not contain a definition for 'value' and no accessible extension method 'value' accepting a first argument of type 'VolumetricClouds.CloudPresets' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

• Thanks 2

• Solution

Just remove .value like in the example below:

// Before
components.m_timeOfDayVolumeComponenets.m_volumetricClouds.cloudPrese.value = m_cloudPresets;
// After
components.m_timeOfDayVolumeComponenets.m_volumetricClouds.cloudPreset = m_cloudPresets;
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PW you may want to update this, Dr Meat Ball was having this issue and I found it here, I figured it had to be by the error a bug with that value, I would give that a quick update, so other users aren't stuck....

On 5/20/2023 at 1:03 PM, Mad Stuntman said:

// Before
components.m_timeOfDayVolumeComponenets.m_volumetricClouds.cloudPrese.value = m_cloudPresets;
// After
components.m_timeOfDayVolumeComponenets.m_volumetricClouds.cloudPreset = m_cloudPresets;

Thanks, this helped other users out. (Dr MeatBall)

On 5/21/2023 at 2:03 AM, Mad Stuntman said:

// Before
// After

You save my project.
Thank you.

• 1 month later...