How to Optimize AI Pathfinding for Large Open World Games Using AI Gamedev Toolkit

jimmy1

Hi everyone,🤩

I’m working on a large open world game and I'm facing some challenges with AI pathfinding. I'm using the AI Gamedev Toolkit and I'm looking for advice on how to optimize pathfinding for vast environments with complex terrains.

Specifically, I'm interested in:

• Efficient Pathfinding Algorithms: What are the best algorithms to use for large open worlds? I've been considering A* but worry about its performance over vast distances.
  • Dynamic Obstacle Handling: How can I ensure the AI responds intelligently to dynamic obstacles like moving vehicles or shifting landscapes?
  • Resource Management: What are some strategies for managing CPU and memory resources effectively when dealing with multiple AI entities?
  • Debugging Tips: Any tips for debugging pathfinding issues in real-time without significant performance hits?

I also check this: https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/files/file/32-ai-game-development-toolkit-gaia-mllooker But I have not found any solution. I’m eager to hear from anyone who has tackled similar issues or has experience with optimizing AI for large-scale games. Any insights, resources, or examples would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have been using A-Star pathfinding 

its actually pretty good with solving a lot of issues with it.