Question about floating point fix in Gaia 2021 Pro and Nav-Mesh

Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

So I have a 25sq km map size so I'm using the floating point fix in Gaia 2021 Pro. My question is this... I'm assuming that gaia pro does not move a nav-mesh created with the unity ai -> navigation way of creating the nav-mesh? I'm using Unity 2022. I noticed they had a new navigation baker and a legacy in the ai -> navigation options, but I'm not sure if the nav-mesh will move when the terrains shift to compensate for the origin shift. Can someone from procedural worlds explain this to me, and what options are available to achieve this? Basically what I need is my npc's to avoid objects when walking around, but I'm told I cannot achieve this without using the nav-mesh. I can set up my npc's to walk in straight lines and manually avoiding objects, but for dynamic npc's (animals in the forests that spawn), I need them to dynamically avoid objects. I hope I'm explaining this right so you understand what I'm trying to achieve. I know pretty much all other games achieve this, but I'm at a loss of how to achieve it with gaia pro's terrain shift and my terarins shifting around. And it I rebake the nav meshes for my terrains dynamically when they shift, that is going to cause a massive overhead in the game during runtime. Any ideas or suggestions?

We do not handle nav meshing at all. 
We still utilize the standard Unity terrain system. 
So that is all still handled by Unity. 

I honestly prefer to use NavMesh Components from Github. 
Its made by Unity they just never implemented it (Why I don't know). 
It was always better and has way more in terms of control. 

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/NavMeshComponents

^ This is what I am talking about 

Awesome. So I'm assuming I'd still have to make a solution so that when the terrains move, the baked navmesh recomputes? I know, unless they have added that functionality, that unity doesn't have that kind of feature built in like Unreal with the dynamic rebaking of the navmesh to handle large worlds. I think this is going to become a problem with dynamic wandering of npc's when the terrain moves. I'll check out that NavMeshComponents and see what can be accomplished with it. I'm just afraid I'm going to have to spend quite a bit of time making a custom solution for dynamically baking the navmesh every time the terrain moves...

• Solution

Yeah I am not entirely sure as I have yet to do it myself. 
I wish Unity had an actual solution for it. Maybe they do in that version. 

Ahh ok. Well thanks for the reply. I'll see what I can figure out.