Spawn density differs between detail objects

Hi guys, im trying to figure out whats going on in my scene. Certain objects in Gaia seem to have different spawn densities.

For instance here the fern model and the cube model have the exact same spawn settings (density maxed out) but the density of the cube is much greater. I can increase the global spawn density and the fern density is increased but obviously that effects everything else.

No lods, and shaders are standard URP compatible ones

image.png.d4fe31ad605ae9ffb3524020ee99c478.png

image.thumb.png.45216fe8234c0812daf6c01e95f6b43c.png

Any ideas, is it something to do with the scale or bounding box perhaps?

Ive noticed on the fern model if I set the scale to 0.5 in the FBX settings, I get more objects spawning in, but the spacing is still too far apart

FBX Scale @ 1:

Screenshot2024-06-07121348.jpg.cc047f4307eba77dbfe9282a5e1c45f1.jpg

FBX scale at 0.5 - definitely seems to be more instances spawned here but still not as much as the cube? Both approx the same size at this scale.

Screenshot2024-06-07121822.jpg.af02c0acb6147f6ddede15559074305c.jpg

Using 2022.3.22f1 and Gaia Pro 4.0.8 

Any ideas, is it something to do with the scale or bounding box perhaps?

How would I work around this to get a dense distribution of the fern prefab - surely that must be possible? The global spawn density is set default of 0.8 for these examples

It could be the collisions and when they actually touch that could be the cause