Question about road blending with terrain

TakeruGrima

I just began to use the road spline to create road and I struggle to do the effect I want for the blending of my road with the terrain.

Here is the road I made for testing with our game textures

RoadExample.png.34108a30ebfa04d40506e7fa9f6b932a.png

When I started tweaking the blending settings I was expecting something like this :

ExpectedBlending.png.af252ffeda019f0a264a5f471fa461cb.png

Where the green lines represents the positions that the green terrain texture should reach with a blending effect like what we can do with painting the terrain to give a natural feel to the road.

RoadTextureOnTerrain.PNG.6884b953d955f7aa13f8f65fc5db1237.PNG

But instead I get this result (the settings are bad I know)

GettedBlending.PNG.9befcddb8d2bf86ef3280e8bcb44aa7c.PNG

It's a cool feature if we know how to do it properly but it's not what I aimed for this road.

Is there a way to get the effect I want ?

You would need to go to the road profile and adjust the edge blending and ground blending. 
Could adjust the height adjustments as well: 
image.png

Thanks for the answer, this is the result I get playing with it :
image.png.b2337524b4d5e0dc47a1e89e4199c2d6.png

My issue here is I don't want the pieces you see on the edges, and it still look really straight. Can you show me if possible an example of roads that looks natural close to what I want with the settings so I can see how it can be done ?

• 5 weeks later...

My Road Profiles are all missing those settings to adjust blending, track pattern, height etc. I am following along the poly nature spawner video and the instructor shows using those settings, and Bryan the administrator in the post above shows them as well but they are not in mine. I have the latest GeNa, has this been removed?

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 3.12.20 PM.png