I have questions about the road system

Dmitriy
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

I have questions about the road system:

1. Is it possible to make your own crossroad setting in Gena Pro.
2. I need to add different decals to the crossroads. Is there such a possibility? Or is it possible to change the intersection with the code?
3. How to add a curb and walkway to an intersection.
4. How can I change the width for individual roads, I can only change the entire road network.

• Solution
On 6/22/2022 at 9:33 PM, Dmitriy said:

1. Is it possible to make your own crossroad setting in Gena Pro.

Yes it is possible: 
image.png
You could change the material if you wanted to as well. 

2. I need to add different decals to the crossroads. Is there such a possibility?

In HDRP yes, I think URP added decal abilities if I am not mistaken as well. That or they were working on it. 
You can change the material for the road. 

3. How to add a curb and walkway to an intersection.

This is a bit more tricky. You could had a spawner in and change the offset and spawn a sidewalk along the road. 
You may have to delete some pieces here and there but its a lot more time saving in the long run. 

4. How can I change the width for individual roads, I can only change the entire road network

Best suggestion is to make multiple road splines. Create your main road first and then do your smaller road networks. 
This will also help with performance, you dont really want to make 1 really large road network. 

• 1 year later...

<<  4. How can I change the width for individual roads, I can only change the entire road network

• Best suggestion is to make multiple road splines. >>

The trouble with multiple road splines is that -- AFAIK -- there's no way to connect different road splines -- is there?  When I've tried, it wasn't possible because I couldn't edit two different splines at the same time (IOW, there's no way to select one node from each spline in order to join them).

I've got a couple of other road packs, but the convenience (and continuity with Gaia's parameter-based spawning system) are too valuable to give up.  My only solution so far has been to create/update/link different splines manually (i.e., reshaping/sizing the intersection's "arms" in Blender), or to painstakingly tweak the terminal node(s) so that the two roads' heights merge without too much of a bump.  Which is far from ideal, of course.

Is there any other way to connect road splines in Gena?  At the very least, it seems like it might be feasible to create a very simple/limited "intersection prototype," (e.g., a 4-way crossroad intersection); its four arms would widen as needed to match the incoming road from that direction. 

For example, imagine a four-way/crossroad intersection that connects:

• a 40' wide N/S road with
  • a 25' wide E/W road

The crossroad's N/S arms would simply scale up to be 40' wide, and its E/W arms would be 25' wide.

It wouldn't be perfect, but IMO it'd be a super-valuable enhancement to the road system.

(OT, but I happen to be working with your River Spline system -- many many thanks for that wonderful feature -- I love it!!!)

Thank you for the feedback, however, this was not designed to do this. 
Each spline would need to be separated to be able to change them how you would like.