NavMesh for large terrains 3Km X 3km

MoonBeam
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

I am want to make a 9km square terrain with Navmesh, I can use Gaia to split the terrain in chunks of 1Kmsquare.  What kind of issues do I need to look out for if I have a navmesh ?

On 6/9/2022 at 10:43 PM, MoonBeam said:

I am want to make a 9km square terrain with Navmesh, I can use Gaia to split the terrain in chunks of 1Kmsquare.  What kind of issues do I need to look out for if I have a navmesh ?

You shouldn't have any issues but I do recommend using the Unofficial official Nav Mesh from Unity. 
Its not on the asset store its on git but its 1000 times better in my opinion. 
https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/NavMeshComponents

How can I install or add this package to my project? Do I simply copy it to the assets folder? Thanks in advance for the reply.

• Solution
6 hours ago, LanGamArt said:

How can I install or add this package to my project? Do I simply copy it to the assets folder? Thanks in advance for the reply.

Download from git and then drag it into the project, should start importing. 
They should have a read me file with instructions, I havent used it in some time, but I do remember some instructions being included. 

• Bryan locked this topic