Runtime Terrain Generation in Gena Pro

Larry
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

I know that Adam has stated that Runtime Terrain Generation in Gena Pro is being actively worked on but I have not heard anything in a while.

Would it be possible to share any new developments in this regard as well as an (understandably rough) estimate of availability?

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

We have a lot of things going on at the moment.

One of them is the imminent release of a new terrain shader that can also do mesh terrains.

Another is a vastly updated release of Flora which will also work on mesh terrains.

As soon as these are bedded down, we will resume work on full runtime - real-time, end-to-end accelerated environments with our tool suite.

Eta is hard to estimate, and when I put them out there I always get them wrong, but I would hope next few months.

Warm regards,
Adam.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi Adam,

Just checking in on the progress towards full Runtime Terrain Generation in Gena Pro.  I own just about every product you make and I am quite excited to use this feature when it is available.  Would you be able to share any news in this regard?

Thanks,

Larry

• 3 months later...