Scene Optimizer - 1.0.7 Release

Manny

Here is our latest update for Scene Optimizer.

This update contains a few smaller fixes based on our support feedback.

The update is available for our Canopy Pro subscribers or on the Unity Asset Store / PW store.

You can find the download on Canopy here if you have a subscription or from the the Unity Asset Store page.

1.0.7 Change Log: 

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed crash issue when an objects lod group counts are mismatched.
  • Fixed bug with Culling System sometimes not being added to Main Camera automatically.
  • Fixed issues with Optimize Command selection in Editor Window.

There was an issue where we found that if you try to optimize a scene where an object contained a LOD group that had null references to renderers, the Scene Optimizer would crash with the error message: "Key '0' not found in the dictionary".

While developing the latest update for scene optimizer, we had the chance to test it against the demo scene of the lordenfel asset pack, and we wanted to share our results.

In the following demonstration, we are using the demo scene from the Lordenfel: Castles & Dungeons RPG pack

If we run our scene with the original objects, we can see that Unity is doing a lot of work to render this scene:

image.png

However, if we optimize our scene we can see a drastic improvement to performance using the Scene Optimizer:

image.png

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

1906833594__20220718102600.thumb.jpg.ad9ce18d506752f4779fe1c9a88d6591.jpg

I used the optimizer, learned the demo of the demo, and after I followed the operation, the result was not as you demonstrated, the UI button could not be clicked, and there was no optemized file generated under fts as you said, no I know what's wrong, maybe it's not suitable for my scene, the version I use is unity2021.3.2 Is it related to this?