Stuck at Updating Mesh Colliders

Bahadir
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi,

My project is not opening, stuck after Gaia Installer dialog (the dialog that says go to canopy website) screen. Corresponding processes are not using any system resource. Any suggestion?

Capture.PNG

• Solution
3 hours ago, Bahadir said:

Hi,

My project is not opening, stuck after Gaia Installer dialog (the dialog that says go to canopy website) screen. Corresponding processes are not using any system resource. Any suggestion?

Capture.PNG

Sadly this is a Unity process that we have no control over. 
The best advice I could give is to try and clear your Unity cache. 

If that is not working I would contact Unity about this. 

Every time this happens I have to delete the project and clone it again. So I guess clearing the cache is really the only solution.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

To temp get past this. Just create a fake cs script file with an error in it and you will enter safe mode (I can no longer find a command line arg to do that when launching the editor).

• Like 1

Thanks for adding your solution h2hjastermereel! I remember one support case where it helped to delay the Gaia Maintenance process until later, to do so, one needs to close unity, then delete the file 
Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Settings\MaintenanceToken.dat
When the Gaia Manager is started the next time, it should not attempt to run the maintenance process anymore. It should then be possible to run the maintenance from the setup panel (Under "Gaia Maintenance") instead. In that case I remember this fixed the issue (although the maintenance process is 100% the same when running upon opening the Gaia Manager vs. running it via the button.)