February Requests - Closed

Adam

• Adam pinned this topic

There's this cool feature in Map Magic 2 for object placement called something like 'sliding'. What it does is places objects then slides them downhill until they hit a configurable angle/flat space. So imagine your gena spawner places a bunch of rocks on the sides of a valley, then it slides them down so it looks more like they've come down in a rockslide.

Id like to see something like that maybe as a decorator for gaia/gena ?

1 hour ago, BunnyViking said:

Id like to see something like that maybe as a decorator for gaia/gena ?

GeNa has this now via the physics decorator. And Gaia has the ability to call GeNa spawners.... I have not tried this myself so I am not sure how it would go.

@Peter @Manny thoughts?

7 hours ago, Adam said:

GeNa has this now via the physics decorator. And Gaia has the ability to call GeNa spawners.... I have not tried this myself so I am not sure how it would go.

@Peter @Manny thoughts?

oh sexy. there's so much hidden away in there 😄

Gaia can certainly call GeNa spawners, however I also did never try this with the gravity spawning from GeNa as well, out of the box I would imagine there are issues when Gaia creates one new gravity spawn after another while the earlier ones are still running the gravity simulation.
I think one way to handle this could be to make it so that Gaia can wait for a callback from the GeNa spawner that indicates that the spawn is finished, in this way you could do one gravity spawn after another. This would be relatively slow, but also more stable than simulating 1000s of physics objects at the same time.

• Like 1

Currently, there is a way to simulate Physics Spawns in GeNa using the 'GeNaPhysicsDecorator' component. What would be really cool is if we had the ability to set the Physics Material on the decorator so you can control the type of physics simulation. Therefore, you would be able to add a Slide material and have it work the way you are intending it to work 🙂 

46 minutes ago, Broudy said:

I'd like to bump Wizard's suggestion from last month

Gaia mask creation by painting directly on the terrain

This seems like a really cool suggestion, we will look into it sooner rather than later!

Dare I be the one to suggest... Microsplat Integration ? I gather there's some politics there and it's unlikely, but it'd be awesome.

• Like 2

Would it be possible to integrate Nature shader and nature render with Gaia's assets?

Gaia assets' quality is really good, but it would be helpful if a Unity package containing the converted assets was included as an integration for Nature shader. (Nature shader creates an asset for each tree/bush with modified vertex colors, materials, and such for it work properly with its shaders. It would take a long time to convert each asset by hand and then modify each of the shader parameter to account for unique structure of each tree, they have a conversion profile for different asset packs which takes care of material conversion though, so you could work to get one created for Gaia's vegetation shader) 

For nature renderer a simple option to add a custom component to terrain would be enough, although we would need to modify each terrain by hand if we wanted to modify nature renderer component's properties.

I could create a script that controls the settings for terrains in a single scene but I have no idea how to manage multiple scenes.

• Like 1

Gaia pro package without the extra sample content (stamps can be included because it's part of Gaia Core) (some prototype placeholder art like grid textures or building made of cubes could be included if needed). It would be helpful if all the sample contents were available as separate modules instead of being tightly integrated with core GaiaPro. 

Systems like Flora should also be available separately.

The runtime utils are especially annoying to remove currently.

• Like 1

Socotra Island - Like my previous Dallol suggestion, here's another alien-like world that exists here on Earth. It looks like it came straight out of a Sci-Fi film! It has 2 wild species of trees, those being the dragon's blood tree, and the bottle tree. Both of them look so interesting, and I feel it would be amazing to come across these while exploring.

Великі_дерева_з_Африки.jpg

socotra-0.jpg

• Like 1

Dream world - Have you ever fallen asleep, and been like, what kind of a dream was that? This would be a world that can be accessed by going to sleep. I have seen some assets that have different colored grass, and I think that would fit well for a dream world. The dream world could have trees that look like they are growing in a spiral, or even made of cotton candy, as if the character was dreaming about sweets. There could be many possibilities for a dream world, these are just my ideas. Here are a couple asset packs that could fit for a dream world:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/dreamscapes-50924
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/uncharted-lands-70263

This also doesn't have to be limited to sleep, this could also fit for a fantasy game level.

Artificial Cells integration - Artificial Cells in my opinion, is an incredible environment pack. It has many sounds and effects included, and everything in general just looks so alien/fantasy like. Imagine there was a portal in your own level that led to a world created with Artificial Cells. It would fit so well, being an otherworldly environment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, camyoshi said:

Artificial Cells integration - Artificial Cells in my opinion, is an incredible environment pack. It has many sounds and effects included, and everything in general just looks so alien/fantasy like. Imagine there was a portal in your own level that led to a world created with Artificial Cells. It would fit so well, being an otherworldly environment.

I too love artificial cells, I used it in my entry for the procedural worlds game jam.

• Like 1

• Separate vegetation from code and deliver as separate packages
  • Use a Canopy UPM scoped registry to make it easier to manage PW packages
  • Like 1

Further to Sora/Wizard's and following on from one of the forums threads.  A pro version withoit controllers, art etc, and available as just the script only.  Currently I use script only and import the other stamps, works really well, but removing the controllers would be good to. 

This was all in the forum threads just adding to the Feb list

• Like 1

Supported Asset Support for Expanse an HDRP asset that creates really powerful volumetric clouds and sky's, I know Gaia supports Enviro but this would be really cool to see it work with this too. It works well as an 3rd party asset for lighting but there's a bit of manual work to make them work for weather and photo mode.

Link to the asset below:
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/expanse-volumetric-skies-clouds-and-atmospheres-in-hdrp-192456

Expanse.png

• Like 1

@Kiwiboys Did you see that Gaia includes a dynamic sky with volumetric clouds for HDRP in preview? It requires unity 2021.2 and is based on unity's own volumetric clouds, you can add it to the scene from the advanced tab in the Gaia Manager under "Gaia Runtime":

image.png

I'm not sure if this is already integrated, but I think integration with River Auto Material 2019 (RAM) and Lava & Volcano Environment 2019 (L.V.E) would be really cool. This could be integrated with GeNa Pro's spline system. RAM and L.V.E are both very realistic looking, and I would love to see them integrated. A stamp pack for volcanoes would also be very cool, imagine dropping a volcano with flowing lava straight into your world, or even better, there could be a lava biome, where the player has to avoid the lava while exploring the environment.

Nightmare world - Like the dream world, but a nightmare! Imagine your character just went through a near-death moment. The moment the character goes to sleep, the character drifts off into an unsettling world. This world could have dead grass, lava lakes, burning trees, dead trees made of charcoal, and other unsettling stuff. The idea of this world, and the dream world came to me from a Minecraft mod, called Good Night's Sleep, where you sleep in a bed and get teleported to either a dream or a nightmare. This world could also be a lot more unsettling than I previously described, but basically, it would be cool if the character gets the "I want to leave this place" feeling. This asset pack could be a good fit for an unsettling world:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/fantasy/fantasy-world-the-abyss-60063

Once the character awakens, everything in the nightmare is over, and the character is back on his/her adventure.

Like the dream world, this doesn't have to be limited to going to sleep. It could be used as a biome/world for a fantasy game.

On 1/30/2022 at 2:17 PM, camyoshi said:

I'm not sure if this is already integrated, but I think integration with River Auto Material 2019 (RAM) and Lava & Volcano Environment 2019 (L.V.E) would be really cool. This could be integrated with GeNa Pro's spline system. RAM and L.V.E are both very realistic looking, and I would love to see them integrated. A stamp pack for volcanoes would also be very cool, imagine dropping a volcano with flowing lava straight into your world, or even better, there could be a lava biome, where the player has to avoid the lava while exploring the environment.

have you tried just adding RAM's material to gena's spline ? Im not sure RAM really does much in terms of creating the river that gena isn't doing (unless you want that flow map but i think flow maps are planned for PW water stuff ????)

3 hours ago, BunnyViking said:

have you tried just adding RAM's material to gena's spline ? Im not sure RAM really does much in terms of creating the river that gena isn't doing (unless you want that flow map but i think flow maps are planned for PW water stuff ????)

You're right, changing the material would work well for RAM. What I really want to suggest is a lava system for Gaia/GeNa, either based around L.V.E, or with its own materials/assets. In addition to that, volcano generation would be really cool, as it takes a lot of time to place all the rocks/splines in the right places.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, camyoshi said:

You're right, changing the material would work well for RAM. What I really want to suggest is a lava system for Gaia/GeNa, either based around L.V.E, or with its own materials/assets. In addition to that, volcano generation would be really cool, as it takes a lot of time to place all the rocks/splines in the right places.

absolutely, generating a cool lava flow, especially is its sea-level aware could be amazing.

• Adam changed the title to February Requests - Closed
  • Adam locked this topic
  • Adam unpinned this topic