February Requests - Closed

Adam

On 1/19/2022 at 10:23 PM, Ruchir Raj said:

The runtime utils are especially annoying to remove currently.

Agreed. We want to simplify / modularize this. It will be a focus for Gaia / Pro 2022.

On 1/30/2022 at 2:17 PM, camyoshi said:

integration with River Auto Material 2019 (RAM) and Lava & Volcano Environment 2019 (L.V.E) would be really cool.

Not sure what we would be adding here. If you have both then go ahead and use each one to its relative strengths.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:39 PM, BunnyViking said:

have you tried just adding RAM's material to gena's spline ? Im not sure RAM really does much in terms of creating the river that gena isn't doing (unless you want that flow map but i think flow maps are planned for PW water stuff ????)

GeNa Pro already has flow maps... its what causes them to appear to flow.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:13 AM, camyoshi said:

What I really want to suggest is a lava system for Gaia/GeNa, either based around L.V.E, or with its own materials/assets. In addition to that, volcano generation would be really cool, as it takes a lot of time to place all the rocks/splines in the right places.

Hmmm... interesting thought. We already have an ability to find the most likely paths for flows. I would have thought that LVE already had a solution for this ?

• Like 1

How about some integration for vehicle controllers like NWH vehicle physics where gaia/gena would be able to create surface profiles for you.

http://nwhvehiclephysics.com/doku.php/NWH/VehiclePhysics2/GroundDetection/GroundDetection

Possibly this could be done a totally different way if gaia/gena had it's own surface stuff for footprints/vehicle tracks/particle puffs, etc.

• Like 1

We are cracking through the requests from the initial voting session.

Between this and day to day updates on our core assets, this will realistically keep us busy through most of February.

I could collate this post into the next set of requests, but the list is actually fairly small... so am thinking of keeping it open until later in the month, and also, later on in terms of capability for the team. In addition to the work itself, we have also put a lot more effort into showing off creative ways in which to get the best out of our tools and Unity.

Here is a list of what we are working on at the moment - I am incredibly pleased at the sheer volume of work that we have both already delivered, and will shortly deliver over the remainder of February.

Pro Subscribers can now download some very new cool tools, and a bunch of new assets, and we still have a stack more on the way. That's 18, plus the 3 free stamp packs we made for Gaia, plus the release of Gaia ML, in partnership with Intel. 

image.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BunnyViking said:

mesh terrain support for SECTR ?

Some things are simple, and some not so much 🙂 We will see. Sectr is due for an update anyway.

I have to say your Speed Build video with the Dam pack is fantastic. Please do more of these. I like the tutorial videos you do, but I feel I learned more from the speed build than I would a tutorial on the tooling itself (which I'm happy to play with).

I realize other people need more of a tutorial approach, and I would appreciate them too, but speed build is good too.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Some things are simple, and some not so much 🙂 We will see. Sectr is due for an update anyway.

Yes it was a bit tongue in cheek ... but having briefly played with sectr yesterday that shit is still pretty good but definitely needs some lovin' ... operations are soooo slow, needs that new unity tech love.

15 hours ago, Sorra the Orc said:

I realize other people need more of a tutorial approach, and I would appreciate them too, but speed build is good too.

I loved it as well! This was a bright idea from one of the team. We will definitely do more of these. They are also much easier to make that the fully voiced tutorials... editing out vocal messups means that they take 10x longer to make.

• Like 1

I would like to see a small test level really done well in full HDRP so that we could load it into a new project with Gaia Pro, Gena Pro, and the new weather system using only PW tools so that we mortals can load it and discect it to see how it was built and lit and be able to use it as a learning platform for our own stuff 🙂

• Like 1

I really want to see spawner packs I can actually use. Currently everything is low poly, which is a bit surprising given the fidelity of Gaia.

I want to see spawners from packs like Dark City 2, Manufacture K4 Assets as a whole really. City Builder assets, any of the major realistic ones besides 3d Forge.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brandon Dixon said:

I really want to see spawner packs I can actually use. Currently everything is low poly, which is a bit surprising given the fidelity of Gaia.

I want to see spawners from packs like Dark City 2, Manufacture K4 Assets as a whole really. City Builder assets, any of the major realistic ones besides 3d Forge.

I would also love to see Manufactura K4 assets integrated. I own a whole bunch of them, and I think they would fit very well with Gaia.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this exists already or not, but I think having biomes using NatureManufacture assets would be really cool, as all of their assets look very realistic. I would love to be able to generate a world using their forest or meadow asset pack!

• Like 2

• Adam changed the title to February Requests - Closed
  • Adam locked this topic
  • Adam unpinned this topic