Need horizontal rain for a sandstorm

aldaluin
Go to solution Solved by aldaluin,

I'm using built-in, not HDRP.  I tried rotating GaiaWeather/PW_VFX_Rain around X, but it keeps resetting back to -18.  What can I do to make the rain come in at 70 or 80 degrees instead of mostly down? 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I was looking into it myself and could see if we hard code the transform. 

I would see if the gaiaweather.cs has something regarding the transform and is if that's why it's causing it to reset. 

Have you tried to delete the Gaia Weather and re adding it? 

Not Weather specifically but I did redo the Gaia Runtime through the manager at one point.  Let me see what I can find in the code.  

• Solution

Yes.  You hard code the name of the GameObject to "PW_VFX_Rain".  It's assigned to RainParticles but most references are through the MeshRenderer component m_rainParticles.  I can't find anything that changes the rotation of either of them, and I can rotate from the inspector during game pause, but it jumps back as soon as I release the pause.  

I think I'd better let this one go.  It's not quite centered on the player, so changing the rotation also means changing the position.  In addition, everything about it is hard coded to the name PW_VFX_Rain: the game object, mesh renderer, and material.  So I also can't change e.g. the color of the material without ruining the water rain in other scenes. 

If you can throw in a change request to add sandstorms someday, I'd appreciate.  I'll also understand if it's a little too niche to pass an ROI check. (But it's still y'all's fault - I didn't start playing in the sand until I pulled the Deep Desert Biome  🙂  ).

Haha we will potentially look into that. 
I think a sand storm preset with the deep desert is a good idea as well. 
Thank you for the update.