Textures of SUNTAIL - Stylized Fantasy Village showing pink in URP scene.

unityBeginner
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hello,

I have imported SUNTAIL - Stylized Fantasy Village into a URP project and when I created some nature elements, the textures are pink, Unity reports some shader errors, mainly "Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add ...".

I know this is not a Procedual Worlds product, but I use Stylized Fantasy Village - Spawner Pack to leverage the assets.

Can I have some tips on how to fix this issue?

I've tried Unity 2019 and 2021, all seens that issue.

Thanks

• Solution

Hi @unityBeginner, most packs on the asset store are configured for the built-in rendering pipeline. Usually there is information in the asset store page whether the asset supports all render pipelines or not.
In most cases, you need to perform a few extra steps to set the package up for the target render pipeline. Inside the package there should be documentation for how to do so.
With the SUNTAIL package we luckily know because we worked with it to create the spawner pack for it. You should have these unity packages as part of your installation:

image.png

Double click the package matching your unity version, and it should bring up a package install dialog which will update the materials in your project to work with URP. This should fix the pink textures.
If you want to try HDRP, you can check the documentation of our spawner pack, it has installation instructions for that.

Thank you for the tip, how can I miss that obvious information. But I have to say, the asset values a lot more when working with Gaia 👍👍

• Like 1